Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What small flashlight do you carry.

Old 01-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What small flashlight do you carry.

J. E. Ray. I have switched over to the little Browning lights too. I really like them. Still have several Mini Mags as well.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:51 AM

Stylus green for me as well along with a cheapie from Walmart...a rubber coated Gerrity about 6" long...like a mag light but much cheaper & I also have 2 red lense covers for it that I made from an old military flashlight that I have..... Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 01-07-2004, 06:46 AM

I carry a small led light in the mornings and a maglight a 3 cell and the little led lightin the evening incase we have to track any thing cause I can see much better with 2 lights
Old 01-07-2004, 06:32 PM

This is an area that I hadn't kept up with well.....for a number of years. I used one of two mini-mags that I own and never bothered looking around. And in truth they have worked fairly well.

Recently I acquired a Surefire and to say that there is a difference...would be the "king of all understatements". (But the life of the Lithium batteries is too short to carry only a Surefire.) So now the Surefire is a "bedside" light that doubles duty with a 3 "D" cell Maglight.

I've read a little about the LED's and plan on looking into them. As well I believe that Surefire recently brought to market a small light with clear lens and both a red and blue filter. (To reduce impaired night vision...and for blood trailing in the dark....should that be necessary.) And I think I remember reading a review of that light that stated it is not quite as bright as their Tactical models....but has better battery life. More research is indicated!

I've found as I grow older....even when I know my way to stand in the dark....I always use the light. Simply because "deer don't"! I don't want some over anxious fool shooting me!
Old 01-07-2004, 09:27 PM

i carry a surefire.it has worked well for me so far.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:21 PM

I carry an underwater kinetics cl4 and sometimes a uk2aaa.very bright lights.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:59 PM

i use the browning thunder bug light clips onto your belt or hat....works great love it.....
Old 01-14-2004, 11:17 PM

Ha, I Have a Raynovac Like Head one, with Red light some other light and Regular light Works Great on fits on hats
Old 01-16-2004, 02:54 PM

Still a mini mag lite fan!
Old 01-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

I use both the Streamlight headlamp and pen light.
1st season, but so far so good.

Quick Reply: What small flashlight do you carry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.