Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Danner Pronghorn Boots????

Old 12-23-2003, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default Danner Pronghorn Boots????

I have been looking at the Danner Pronghorns boots. They are extremly comfortable right out of the box. I went yesterday to pick up a pair and a friend that works at the store not only told me but showed me the problems they were having with the Pronghorns.

The center part of the sole where it is not sewn is glued and he had three pairs ready to ship back for warranty replacement. He also told me that these boots are made overseas and are not the quality of the made in the USA Danners.

If someone has a pair of these boots and have put some miles on them please let me know if you are having this problem.

Is anyone have trouble with the sole separating in the arch part of this boot???

Thanks for any help
Old 12-23-2003, 01:13 PM

Default RE: Danner Pronghorn Boots????

RacHunter
I have an early pair of Pronghorns, the camo wore off the toes, not great for clambering around fields/hills for upland, the sole is to flexible. On the other hand, they are light, no break-in required, waterproof and very comfortable.

BTW - Danner told be to just send them back for a replacement, have not gotten around to it.

These are made off shore.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:20 PM

Default RE: Danner Pronghorn Boots????

I bought a pair of pronghorns in November and have had no problems with them although I have not worn them alot. There is no doubt that there not as ruggedly built as the other Danners and next time I will shell out the extra money and by the better Danners but really light and comfortable boots so far.