Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Problem Figuring out my tree stand harness

Old 12-21-2003, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default Problem Figuring out my tree stand harness

I just bought my first tree stand. It is a Strong Built Commanche Seat Climber. It came with a full body seat of the pants harness, but no instructions or diagrams or anything for the harness. These are the parts I have for the harness: 1. The actual harness that fits over my shoulders and under and around my legs with two rings at waist level on either side. There is also a a ring on the back. 2. An adjustable 3" wide belt with rings on both ends that screw shut to attatch to the rings at the waist while climbing. 3. A 1" wide belt that I'm not sure what is used for. It has "S" shaped rings on either end and in the middle it has a locking/tightening clamp of some kind.

I've got the climbing part down with the harness, but what do I do when I'm ready to hunt? Wait, I think I just figured it out. Do you fasten the 1" strap tight around the tree, then secure the larger strap from the strap around the tree to the ring on your back? I know it probobly seems obvious, I just want to be sure. Thanks, -Nathan
Old 12-21-2003, 09:41 PM

Default RE: Problem Figuring out my tree stand harness

You got it.