Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

[Deleted]

Old 12-15-2003, 06:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-16-2003, 01:07 AM

Default RE: High-end video camera recommendations?

There is acompany out of NY thaqt deals in high-end/professional video and sound equipment. I believe the name is B&H Video but I'm not entirely sure. I worked in the music recording business for many years and dealt with them occassionally but have been out for quite some time and the memory fades a bit. I think I still have their address around here somewhere. I'll look for it and get back to you.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:24 AM

Greetings from Colorado,

A high end camera, Sony makes some great camera's we use the TRV for taping shows, and they are great, they have been very good in extreme cold and snow, just make sure that when you get a camera, that you talk to someone who can advise you which cover to get for protecting your camera, if you need more info contact me.

[email protected] and I can give you more info on other camera's.

Dr. Mike
Old 12-17-2003, 08:15 PM

Don't know about hunting cams but I picked up the new Sony Handycam the other day. Burns directly on a mini DVD. Guess that is the way the tech is moving. Bought the warranty though not quite comfortable with how delicate this unit may be.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:42 AM

I shoot w/ a camcorder when not shooting w/ a gun.

I found a 18x zoom is minimum, since it's rather difficult to get them to come to you at the angle u want. Sad news is finding a camcorder w/ a long lens is more difficult than ever before.
Other required stuff:
-long life battery avail
-dv output (stay away from microMV, as it's mpeg2, and difficult to convert if u intend to edit it on a pc using software such as premiere; at least right now)
-low light ability, that excludes canon zr series
-night shot
-image stab.

I can't comment on cold wx durability, since I am in FLA. but some of the canon & sony pro-sumer camcorders have blankets (rain covers) that shuld help. I used to cut up on old wool army blanket and sew it together w/ dental floss, that helped when it was cold & wet in N. Fla.

You should wait until end of January, though - the consume electronics show is in in NYC in mid-Jan and of course that's when the new model year innovations are introduced.

If I don't find anything w/ a 20x zoom that I like after Jan., I guess I'll buy the JVC GR-DX95. I figure I can strap it to my head and stay zoomed out and "shoot what I shoot". <g>

PS ever notice the animals always turn AWAY from the lens!!
Old 12-28-2003, 12:15 AM

I know a lot of guys that like using the Canon XL1 for it's ease of use and size. You can get a Camkote all weather cover for it. I believe it has pockets for heat packs if you need them.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

I tried a Panasonic PVD-953 this year (3ccd) It has awesome video, but it's very loud when you turn it off or on