Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Walker's Game Ear?

Old 12-03-2003, 09:01 AM

Default Walker's Game Ear?

I'm thinking about picking up a Game Ear (Christmas gift for myself ). Any suggestions/feedback on either the original or the new digital?

Thanks!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 08:59 PM

Default RE: Walker's Game Ear?

Scar I'm on my third season with a two Game Ear IIs. (Cant help ya with the Digitals but dont see why they wouldnt be just that much better, look at how much digital has helped everything else!). The only thing I am going to change on mine is that instead of using the softfoam plugs, I am going to have an ear doctor make me a custom set of molds for my ears into which the Game Ears tubes can be inserted (yep they can and have been done that way succesfully). The foam gets hard if its really cold and I dont feel like they seal as well as a result. Plus that foam really has to be deep into my ear canal to assure maximum hearing protection and that affects allday comfort. My brother and a couple of other buddies actually had the more expensive custom made hearing protectors made for them by their ear doctors and they seem to work equally well.

I would probably go that route if I had it to do allover again. But thats only because I spent the money for two Game Ears. I probably could get by on one with the custom mold like I mentioned and that would be several hundred dollars cheaper than the custom units available at the doctor.

Either way you'll be glad you got them!!!
RA