Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

I owe Leopold an apoligy.

Old 11-27-2003, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default I owe Leopold an apoligy.

I feel like a total *** after bad mouthing Leupold for not being able to line up a new scope I found my problem today. Sure enough, I had a back ring just a little loose. I tightened it down and mounted the Leupold, bore sighted it and within 4 shots had the last 2 in the red. So I apoligize to Leupold and the guys on here that tried to tell me it was my base or rings. I feel like a dunce.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:41 PM

Default RE: I owe Leopold an apoligy.

Strut, glad to hear that you have resolved your problem with the Leupold. I have owned nothing but Leupolds for 10 years or so and have nothing but good to say about them. I bet you will like yours now that you have your problem straightened out.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:25 AM

Strut,
I got my problem solved too. I called Leupold and the technician helped me get the recticle adjusted correctly. I had tried to adjust it like the owners manual said but it was still not clear. She had a different procedure and it took about thirty minutes to do it but now it is much clearer. Guess I owe them an apology too.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear the good news Strut, I give you credit you' re man enough to say it was your fault and not Leupold' s.I thought it would be a rare occurrence a bad Leupold but it does happen.With that said it' s behind you. Good luck on your hunting adventures.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cherokee Tad Welcome to the forum.Glad you got your scope problem solved too!
Good luck to you also.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-01-2003, 06:11 PM

Glad to hear it. That' s why I mentioned the mount - because it took me waaaay longer than it should have to figure out mine was loose, talk about feeling like a dunce, BTDT. -zeke
Old 12-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think we all make mistakes like that sooner or later i know i have and still do. I've felt like a dunce more than once in my lifetime and i'm sure i will again. I had a guy come by the other afternoon kicking Leupold about a scope that he couldn't get to sight in. He was running out of windage adjustments before he could get the scope to zero and was ready to send the scope back for repair but come to find out he hadn't touched the windage screws on the base. We got the scope bore sighted close with the windage screws then used the scope windage adjustments to zero it in and after about 4 shots he was sighted in and very happy. He too quickly changed his mind about Leupold. IMO Leupold makes quality optics no doubt and now thats all i buy and put on my rifles. I'm glad you guys got your problems solved. I think you'll enjoy those Leupold scopes i know i do.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:07 PM

I've found the Leupold techs also helpful online if anyone needs some assistance.
Old 12-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

I own many leopolds and no problems also heard many good things about them standing behind their products. One other thing when having problems sighting in is to make sure the action screw of the gun are tight had a new 700 ss the 1st year no ;problems the second year shot at a buck standing broadside four times and could see he was hit each time but never found him resited and could not get better than three inch groups from a gun that before shot 3/4 inch at 100 yards and after each group the next grop would be sex inches from the last then remembered reading in Jim charmichels book (very useful and much information) of the rifle that many new rifles can come with loose actions sure enough one screw was loose two full turns. never had a problem since