Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which full size truck to buy?

Old 12-05-2003, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which full size truck to buy?

ORIGINAL: VAhuntr

badshotbob,

I think you do need some educating! Try reading this link: http://www.wsws.org/news/1998/may1998/merg-m8.shtml
You're telling me that Chrysler was bought out by mercedes? You're kidding! The company a half hour down the road, all this news in the biggest auto town in America, and it got by me??? Ah, no kidding va. Try to think about this though - that article was written almost six years ago. Have you studied up on this merger since and all the controversy, all the jobs that were slashed because of slow sales and replacement of germans?

Finally for GM....ever heard of NUMMI?
In fact I have. I'm aware of all the people GM and Ford are in bed with around the globe - the Russians for one - Ford has had plants over there building tanks for the Russians for years. Etc..... My dad and I have been studying the end times and the new age for over 20 years. Ever heard of the Illuminati? How about Bohemian Grove? I am well aware of what is going on globally and what it means to us as as not-for-much-longer free nation. Really guys, it does matter where your products are coming from. What is our biggest export? CASH! Let's see, $400 billion U.S. debt with China, countless of billions with Japan, blah blah blah. Let's send them all our money, then when we lose our jobs and the banks take our houses, we can look at the Toyota being towed away and thank God we took part in a global economy. At least we know how to hunt! Of course, we'll have to hide our guns and bows because those will eventually go too. It's all part of the big plan, the end times, the new age, the one world order. It's going to happen and none of us can stop it, BUT, why help it along?

Just curious....where do you buy your gas? Are you sure every time you fill up you are not supporting mideast oil?
You bet I do. I know exactly who relies on mid-eastern oil. Do you?

Anyway, my apologies for getting too harsh in my responses calling people fools and all. I hold a dear conviction for this country and how it was founded and hate seeing it disappear every day. Trust me though, the new world order is forming right under our feet. That is not opinion, but indeed fact. I don't want to support it. That part is my opinion.

Good luck with your truck search Ray. BTW, diesel is the way to go - Ford, Chevy or Dodge - they all make killer diesels. My Duramax GMC gets 20mpg. Not bad for a 4-door, 4-wheel drive, full bed truck that ways over 7,000#s. (Problem with this engine is it was designed by Isuzu, we apparently forgot how to design an engine.) Ok, call me a hypocrite. I guess I am in some ways. Good hunting and God Bless.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

badshot,
I do admire you for admitting that you own an "American" vehicle with an engine designed by the Japanese at Isuzu. Maybe that's why the Duramax has proven to be such a good engine....LOL. I am also well aware of the Illuminati, Bohemian Grove and many other conspiracy theories. That is an entirely different discussion and definately does not belong on this thread.

J.E. Ray,
I do believe all the trucks you are considering would be a good bet. Although the Nissan may be a little questionable since it is a completely new design. My suggestion is drive them all and buy the one that suits you the best.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

badshot,

One other question and I'm through. What is the difference in buying a Toyota or Nissan from buying a Ford, GM or Chrysler product? You yourself stated that you knew exactly who American auto companies were in bed with. How can buying a Ford, who YOU stated builds tanks for the Russians(definately not our friends), be a good thing for America? Call me a fool, stupid or whatever you want, but badshot, you are contradicting yourself. If what you say is true, then everytime you buy a Ford, you help them make another tank for the Russians, or everytime you buy a GM you give them more money to invest in Isuzu. Remember, you stated Ford was making tanks for the Russians and Isuzu designed the engine in your truck!
Old 12-06-2003, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

VA, I can see and appreciate your point and your question. It is unfortunate that we have to participate in slowly selling off our county and the ability to produce. It is true that our big 3 have their hands in many pots all over the world. But, it is a matter of who the lesser evil is to support. Many products we buy everyday we don't have much of a choice as to where they are made, but some we do. Hunting clothes for example - I found a great parka this season, was on the way to the cash register when I flipped the tag over to find that it was made in VIETNAM!!!! It went back on the rack needless to say. I suppose that GM and Ford are the truest American auto makers out there with the majority of cash flow going into our GNP and help to allow you and I to keep our jobs. By buying their products, we are in a way supporting off shore ventures. But why not support the companies that are mostly American instead of purely Japanese or British or German? We don't live there. The most important thing to realize is what the cash flow that is permanently going out of this country and the debt we rack up with other nations is doing to our country. So yes, I am contradicting myself and am really actually a hypocrite when it comes down to it, but not by choice. I am going to try my darndest to support American companies because simply, that's where I live, work, and spend my money. We as a nation are heading for a great crash because of the foreign debt we've racked up and the control we give other nations over us because of that. I don't want to support that, as little as I can I should say.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

badshot,
I applaud you on your last post. Seemed like it was a very honest reply! You bring up some very valid points as well. Lets forget about this and go hunting!
Old 12-06-2003, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just picked up my 2004 Chevy Silverado LS a couple weeks ago !

-5.3 V8
-Extended cab
-4X4

Honestly, It is a dream come true! I've never driven a better riding truck, and can you say, POWER?! This thing has way too much power for what I use it for, but hey, you only live once! Actually i did get to pull somebody out of a pretty big ditch on the way to camp last weekend .

I have absoutly no complaints. The back seat in the extended cab is huge! I can just about grab a sleeping bag, throw it back there, stretch out! the rear opening back doors also make gettitng into the back seat a breeze.

Hope to year you go with the chevy!

-BJ
Old 12-07-2003, 04:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've owned Dodge Dakotas (1) , Dodge Rams (2) and a Chevy way back in tha 80's. This time I bought a Ford 150. My ONLY complaint is the extended cab area, it's not nearly as large as the others. If I had it to do over I would buy the 4 door instead of the ex cab, might even buy an SUV seeing how it's only me and the wife. My ford is 4WD and has the FX Off Road package. It rides really rough. I don't need the off road package but it was there and I liked the truck but would not purchase another one that has it, just too rough on the road. It has the 5.4 and guzzles gas but they all do.

On a side note, for you guys that want to debate buying foriegn or American take it to the politcal forum. You are off topic here with it in this thread. It would make for some good debate over there. Thanks
Old 12-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Toyota Tundra and my wife has a Highlander. There are no other vehicles out there in my opinion. These two Toyotas make numbers 11 and 12 for me since 1978.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

My wife's family are all about Ford.
My mother and stepdad are all about Chevy
(IN fact they both drive black silverado's)
Mom drives a 1500 4X4 with not many options and stepdad drives an '03 2WD extended cab with some nice options. (Nice ride)

I have always been a Dodge person.

I have seen them all......my next Truck is going to be a Hummer H1

That is all american!

Old 12-09-2003, 09:11 AM

All the trucks out there offer excellent features and have their selling points
I am a ford fan and own a 99 F-150 extended cab 4x4 and love it but wish I had got the SuperCrew. So make sure which ever truck you choose make sure to get the CREWCAB especially if you have a family. An extended cab only serve as a place to store extra junk. It is not comfortable at all on any of the makes

Quick Reply: Which full size truck to buy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.