Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Which full size truck to buy?

Old 12-04-2003, 02:36 PM

Default RE: Which full size truck to buy?

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4, 1500 with the 360 in it. Bone stock, and there's no place I can't go. Prior to this I had a 1993 Z71, and that thing was a POS. I loved the way it looked, but it was a waste off road. From what I've seen, none of the newer vehicles can compete with the '93-2001 Dodge Rams offroad. They come stock with a rear locker and the most insane flex on anything besides a Jeep. I know this probably doesn't mean much to folks down south or back east, but here in the desert and with the mountains, you gotta have FLEX, and power to all wheels.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:15 PM

Hey MMMelk,

What kinda of gas milage you get with that Dog, I mean Dodge?
Old 12-04-2003, 03:27 PM

Not good, but I never claimed it was. If I wanted something cheap, I'd buy a car.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

badshotbob,

I think you do need some educating! Try reading this link: http://www.wsws.org/news/1998/may1998/merg-m8.shtml

According to badshots' OPINIONS, Chrysler vehicles should no longer be purchased in America since Chrysler was merged with a German company(Daimler). We know Chrysler is also in the sack with Mitsubishi(commie japs).

Lets move to Ford Motor Company...They are partial owners of Mazda, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Aston Martin. Last time I checked Mazda was based in Japan, Land Rover, Jaguar and Aston Martin in England. Do you think it might be possible some of Fords profits might find their way in to another country?

Finally for GM....ever heard of NUMMI? What is it you ask? How about an auto plant jointly owned by GM and those commy japs at Toyota. It is also known that GM and Isuzu(theres those commy japs again) produced the S10 and Isuzu Hombre pickups.

Should Americans stop buying GM, Ford and Chrysler products because they partially own, have merged with, and/or have joint ventures with foreign auto companies?

If you want to call people fools for not agreeing with your OPINIONS then go ahead. Just curious....where do you buy your gas? Are you sure every time you fill up you are not supporting mideast oil?

Have a good day!
Old 12-05-2003, 05:38 AM

I just want the best truck for my money. Really dont care where it is made. As far as the Nissan goes I drive right past it on my way to deer camp every weekend. Have alot of friends and one family member that work there.
thanks
Old 12-05-2003, 08:12 AM

I have a 99' F150 with a 113000 miles and i havent had a problem yet. Buy a chevy or a ford I say ford because they are cheaper and just as good of quality
Old 12-05-2003, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is the best truck for the money.... Say what you want, but I LOVE THIS TRUCK!!! [8D]

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS, 2WD, 5 speed, 4.8L V8, shortbed.

Butch
Old 12-05-2003, 10:29 AM

Dodge SRT 10 with the Viper engine...Then put a lift on it...There ya go...one mean off road machine, that can run the 1/4 mile in about 11 seconds.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I make my living selling these trucks and I have driven all of 'em. I can honestly say without a doubt that all (Ford, Dodge, and Chevy) make good products, they have to to compete. In my opinion, Chevy offers the most comfortable ride on the road. The Silverado Z71 is a great choice. But, if you really want a great pickup for a reasonable price (because they're all to high) I would go with the new Dodge Quad Cab 4X4 with a Cummins. Great gas mileage and awesome power.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:59 PM

Dodge all the way. . .

I am now on my 2nd 3500 dualy Cumins. 18MPG to and from work on the hwy, with traffic. Pulls anything you can find and the new cumins is actually pretty quiet. At 6'3" I have plenty of head room and good sized back seat for my boys.

Yea I get jabs from the Ford 350 1 ton guys but I still think Cumins has a better motor design.

Quick Reply: Which full size truck to buy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.