Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Buy a Leupold when I rarely rifle hunt??

Old 12-19-2003, 07:55 PM

Default RE: Buy a Leupold when I rarely rifle hunt??

Well I have only hunted with Bushnells and Leupys. The difference is that at dusk when the big boys step out the Bushnell was done and the Leupy was just getting going. If you have the funds spend the extra cash cause you only have to do it once if done right!
Old 12-19-2003, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

With all due respect, you simply cannot compare a Bushnell to a Leupold. There is a reason almost every military and police sniper have Leupold scopes on their rifles. You are right there are many others to choose from. If you go that routh you need to compare a Leupold to a night force, Zeiss, or Swarvoski not to a Bushnell. I good scope to compare to a Bushnell is a tasco, nikon, or burris, simmons. Actually, with the exception of Tasco most of these brands have upper end scopes that are very nice. Like anything else YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. The upper end burris, Bushnell elite, and Nikon cost almost the same as a Leupold. But please don't even begin to say the quality is same.

just my 2 cents

cybersniper

P.S. By the way I am a police sniper and I do also own Bushnell scopes. Buy the best you can afford, but know they are very different.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

When it come to light gathering my Bushnell dusk to dawn gathers light and offers me better low light shooting than either of my Luepolds. Either will do the job well for me. I have never been handycapped in any hunting condition by useing one of my Bushnell VS one of my Luepolds. If I had ever had a Bushnell or Tasco fail me I might feel differently. But I never have and I don't expect that I will.