Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting Gear Suggestions Needed!

Old 08-01-2024, 08:55 PM
Spike

Default Hunting Gear Suggestions Needed!

Hi guys!!
I'm looking for some unique gear suggestions for my upcoming hunting trip. I've been considering unconventional tools, maybe even military-grade equipment, to give me an edge. I'm not talking about the usual rifles or bows—I'm thinking outside the box. For instance, what do you think about using high-powered drones or infrared scopes for scouting? Maybe even some tactical gadgets that aren't exactly standard hunting fare.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
Old 08-02-2024, 03:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

How is anyone supposed to suggest anything when you don't say where you are going, what you are going to hunt, what sporting arm you are using, it you are sleeping in a tent or indoors etc.?
Old 08-05-2024, 03:10 AM
Spike

I've been using Kalkal's hunting gear for a while now, and it's been reliable. Their thermal scopes are a game-changer, allowing you to spot animals even in thick cover. I've also used their tactical backpacks, which are rugged and well-designed for carrying gear. For something unconventional, Kalkal's high-powered drones with infrared cameras are excellent for scouting. They also offer compact multi-tools that include everything from knives to screwdrivers, perfect for any situation you might encounter.
Old 08-05-2024, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by railey
Hi guys!!
I'm looking for some unique gear suggestions for my upcoming hunting trip. I've been considering unconventional tools, maybe even military-grade equipment, to give me an edge. I'm not talking about the usual rifles or bows—I'm thinking outside the box. For instance, what do you think about using high-powered drones or infrared scopes for scouting? Maybe even some tactical gadgets that aren't exactly standard hunting fare.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
No offense but I think you're overthinking this. If you're going on a guided hunt, ask your outfitter or guide. usually they will have necessary equipment, not drones, thermal vision, etc. If you're not hunting with a guide, start researching the area and figure out the minimum of gear you'll need to carry in the field. Look at what other hunters in that area have been using. Now if you want to give yourself an extra advantage, take a week off during the non season and go scout the area. Talk to DFG wardens, biologists and locals. If you can narrow down a specific area you want to hunt before the season, you're going to have a big advantage. You'll know the area, where game is, what trails and areas you're interested and how you want to hunt it. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2024, 01:42 AM
Spike

High-powered drones for scouting and infrared scopes are solid choices. Consider a rangefinder with ballistic data and a portable solar charger. A survival kit with military-grade paracord and a multi-tool could also be useful. Good luck!
Old 08-10-2024, 03:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by mattmapple
High-powered drones for scouting and infrared scopes are solid choices. Consider a rangefinder with ballistic data and a portable solar charger. A survival kit with military-grade paracord and a multi-tool could also be useful. Good luck!
Drones are not legal for hunting in some states!