Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Electronic hearing protection with spatial sound?

Old 09-03-2018, 09:45 PM
Spike

Default Electronic hearing protection with spatial sound?

I am wanting to start wearing electronic hearing protection while hunting. My problem in the past, with my previous electronic hearing protection, has been my inability to determine the direction sound is coming from. Is there any out there?
Old 09-03-2018, 10:23 PM
Spike

The best you're get is a sense of noises either coming from the left or right. It is kind of disorienting because you don't have "30" hearing. I had one time where an earbud went out. I thought my buddy was talking to me on my right but he was on my left. It was pretty funny when it happened. These were peltors too and decent ones at that.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have both the electronic head set and the E.A.R.inside the ear type. They both work fine unless it is windy, them they are a PITYA because of the noise they make when the wind blows over them.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:52 PM
Spike

I am very interested in this topic myself as I am yet to find something that I would comfortably wear in a hunting situation especially in the heat. I just find them disorientating.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

I've been wearing Walker's Game Ears (the mid-level one) since 2017 and have been quite happy with them. They've lasted 3 Spring Turkey seasons and 2 deer seasons with a shotgun and rifle. They even work well if I have to fire an occasional pistol shot. Definitely worth the money.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:43 AM
Spike

I have both the electronic and the Ear Plugs. They both work fine just Muffs help with attenuation plugs do not.
You can choose anyone.

Last edited by robertaboone100; 10-23-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

My brother and I have been using Howard Leight's hearing enhancers and they seem to work very well but really only use them in turkey season. They also suppress sound when a gun is fired. We got our's from Amazon at about $60.