Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting and skeet shooting simulator

Old 12-21-2016, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Okay, thanks for your immediate replies to my questions and comments. It sounds like maybe I jumped the gun and what you are doing is A okay! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and good luck with your endeavor!
Old 12-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a SIRT firearm training platform which is very similar - webcam picks up laser "impact" on the screen, if it hits in the assigned target area on the screen area, the computer processes a hit.

I have $200 into the SIRT program, wanna say $200 into each Glock and S&W dedicated laser pistol, $100 into repeat firing SIRT AR bolt carrier laser. Any instantaneous laser works, so the laserlyte lasers work too, but the SIRT guns don't have to be manually cycled to reset the striker/hammer like an actual firearm+laserlyte system must be.

So $30 grand in 1988 is compressed down into a much, much smaller cost today. For something on the scale the OP is discussing, it can be bought already packaged for under $300 (laserlyte shotgun adapter plus SIRT software).
Old 12-27-2016, 05:41 PM
STC
Spike

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I use a SIRT firearm training platform which is very similar - webcam picks up laser "impact" on the screen, if it hits in the assigned target area on the screen area, the computer processes a hit.

I have $200 into the SIRT program, wanna say $200 into each Glock and S&W dedicated laser pistol, $100 into repeat firing SIRT AR bolt carrier laser. Any instantaneous laser works, so the laserlyte lasers work too, but the SIRT guns don't have to be manually cycled to reset the striker/hammer like an actual firearm+laserlyte system must be.

So $30 grand in 1988 is compressed down into a much, much smaller cost today. For something on the scale the OP is discussing, it can be bought already packaged for under $300 (laserlyte shotgun adapter plus SIRT software).
Good, it is true that a camera is needend to process a laser hit, please whold you mind for giving me a link for your low cost laserlyte shotgun adapter ?
Old 12-29-2016, 02:43 PM
STC
Spike

Check out my new update (V0.31) for more advaced features.

Link: www.badrnfo.com/STC

Explaining video: