Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Now how could that be

Old 12-09-2016, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Now how could that be

Went out for an early morning hike this morning. Saw the southern temps in the teens, and the first real cold in ten months.

My hands got warm from the miltiary mittens; they started to sweat.
My neck and forehead got some sweat on it due to wearing the neck gaiter. Kept my ears warm.

The legs didn't freeze due to wearing chino slacks under the warm gaiters. And the waterproofed parka helped retain the heat

The first time out in frizzing temps in some ten months, and I had to start walking slow to allow the cold temps to catch up with me.

It's suppose to be colder tomorrow. Maybe I'll do better with the slower walking. And the less warm gloves.
So much for a cold winter walk.

Guess I was too well prepared. A warm parka, a neck gaiter; gaiters for the feet and legs; and warm military mittens.
Must have been too well prepared. Only one other person did I see on my long hike. I had no chance to show others I was so well prepared. Guess a lot of others weren't prepared at all.

Last edited by Valentine; 12-09-2016 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Must have been man made global warming making you sweat.