Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Day pack

Old 10-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Day pack

I often have problems making decisions.

I'm wanting to buy a new pack. Hard to find a single solution (size). Ideally it will be my hunting pack, usually an overnighter (winter hog hunts). I typically carry a wool blanket, poncho, binoculars (my binos are XL), thermos, canteen, game bag, rain pants. And some small stuff, compass, map or tablet, snacks, first aid kit, para cord etc. Sometimes a cushion and an extra blanket.

The model I'm looking at comes in a 30 liter and a 50 liter.

I keep it handy as a go bag also.

The one I have now is 25 liter and too small. I want to go bigger, but hesitate to overdo it.

Maybe I'm overthinking it Big enough but not to big, that is the question.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I use a Fieldline pack. I carry a two piece Frog Togs rain suit, an orange vest, 5/8 drag rope, ammo, flashlight, range finder, thermos, Knife, lunch/snacks all in the main compartment. It has three other zipper compartments on the front all in decending size as you go down. I also use these for TP, field dressing gloves, and other incidentals. It is made of a soft Cammo material and I have been using it for at least 6 years and it really shows no wear. It has padded straps, a handle on top for carrying and a waterproof lining. It was not very expensive, I don't remember how much I paid but it is worth every cent to me. Here is a link to the company. I don't see the style of the one I have here but some are close.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of these packs come in many sizes - they are all great !

http://www.lintonoutdoors.com/backpacks/