Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Favorite Hunting Bag?

Old 09-03-2016, 07:02 AM
Spike

Default Favorite Hunting Bag?

I'm designing a new bag for hunting, fishing ("adventure") bag for holding all your gear while in the field and when traveling.

What features would you like in it? What would be your dream gear travel bag? Thanks!
Old 09-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of bag are you looking to design? A small possibles kit? A day pack? A 72hr pack? The kind of pack the average whitetail hunter needs to carry a few items afield during a 4hr stand in the morning and afternoon is very different than the pack needed during a 4day muleskinning elk hunt, which is still different than that needed for a drop-in caribou hunt, or that for an international Safari. Further still, a hunting bag is a very different animal than a fishing bag, and of course, the same issue applies - the kind of kit I took fly fishing salmon in Alaska was very different than peacock bass fishing in Brazil.

You mention "dream gear travel bag," but that's very, VERY seldom the kind of bag the majority of hunters need for actual hunting. If you're looking to design a travel bag for interstate or international travel hunters, be prepared for a very fickle, very limited market. If you're looking to design, effectively, a possibles bag for the average day-by-day whitetail hunter, be prepared for an equally fickle market, but recognize it's a much much larger market in which you can enjoy a piece of the pie.

So what kind of pack are you wanting to design?
Old 09-26-2016, 10:16 AM
Spike

Like Nomercy said it will be tuff.
1. Waterproof
2. Expandable
3. Internal frame for back and hip support
4. Padded straps but nothing bulked up, that cushy stuff feels nice at first but packs down quick when loaded.
5. 3 or 4 external pockets for binos, hand warmers, spare socks, firestarting stuff. Just basic stuff that you dont want to dig inside the bag for
6. External straps for bipod and tripod
7. Padded spotting scope pocket on the outside

I use a USMC issue alice pack and frame now