Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Question

Old 07-02-2016, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default Question

Good morning, I wanted to ask them what is the best-selling hunting magazine in your country, I would be interested to do an advertisement for mine hunting, thank you.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

According to the top 100 circulation of US magazines list, the "American Rifleman" has one million eight hundred thousand plus, subscribers and "Field and Stream" has one million two hundred thousand plus subscribers. The American Rifleman is published by the National Rifle Association who also publishes the American Hunter with over one million subscribers.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 07-02-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would go with either the American Hunter or Field & Stream. As Oldtimr mentioned, those are 2 of the 3 biggest selling magazines that are subscribed to, as well as more probably being purchased off store shelves by other people. I would not think that your money would be well spent by advertising in the American Rifleman that he mentioned because it's more about people that are into guns than hunting. Just be aware that to advertise in one of those magazines will cost you a lot of money. You may be a lot better off advertising on a hunting website like this one where you can be seen by a lot of people for free. I'm going to send you a PM (Private Message) with a website that you should be on that has a lot of rich people from all over the world on it and you can advertise for free on it. I can't say the name out on here because it's against the rules here. Look for a message at the top right of this website that I'm going to send you.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-02-2016 at 12:03 PM. Reason: add on
Old 07-02-2016, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

thanks mates !!
Old 07-05-2016, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd throw this one out there - it's 2016, print media has lower touch point per dollar value than online marketing.

What is your marketing goal? To reach NRA members, or a broader public? I ask because I tend to expect the NRA publications have the greatest market access simply because the subscription comes with your membership. Field & Stream, on the other hand, one of the most highly distributed hunting/outdoors print media, is more widely distributed to the general public. For example, when you take a walk through any of the sundry shops at an airport, or through a gas station, most often they have Field & Stream, OutdoorLife, and Petersen's Hunting magazine on the shelf. Guns & Ammo is another one common on shelves. But typically you only see NRA pub's like American Rifleman on the shelf at specialty shops like Cableas, along side a hundred other magazines. This should be something to consider when spending your marketing dollars - do you want to access a virtually subscription only market, or a broader outlet market?

One thing I have found in marketing - it's VERY easy to get information straight from the source. Magazines want your advertising money, so if you pick up a phone or send an email inquiring about their market access, they'll jump stiff legged to share their touch-point analytics with you.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nomercy448---This guy is from Argentina and has problems with the English language in just engaging with us about his hunts on here. IMHO your response was awful high level English for the guy to try and understand when I didn't even understand half of what you stated, LOL!
Old 07-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO!!!! "Bobby you got an F in English??? Son, you SPEAK English!!!" Gawd I love Hank Hill

But I'm sure he has a translation program Topper. They kinda suck wind for translating from Spanish TO English though since the sentence matrix is a little different. (where the word would be in our sentence may be in a different part for theirs) so it kinda gumbles it up.