Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Muzzy Broadheads

Old 10-20-2003, 09:38 AM

Default Muzzy Broadheads

I have lost two deer this year due to switching broadheads. I shoot 100 grain 4-blade mussy 99% of the time and have great success. They were out of them and i went to the 90 grain 3-blade. You would think there would not be much difference in the two, wrong, i wouldn' t give a nickle for the 3-blade " JUNK" lost the last two deer i shot perfect with them. I never seem to loose a deer with the 4-blade and they bleed alot better. My coments obviously, hope you dont have as much bad luck with a new broadhead like i had, if you shoot Muzzys stay with the 4-blade,love to hear your coments and good huntn
Old 10-21-2003, 12:44 AM

Default RE: Muzzy Broadheads

i use the muzzy 125gr 3 blade. i personally just feel it is more accurate for me. have not lost any yet. i have always tried to use the same thing so i keep extras in stock.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

trophyhuntr,

If you will stop and think about what you wrote in the above post you will realize it makes no sense. Muzzy makes several great broadheads. I personally use the 100 grain 3 blade and have had very good luck with them on several deer and black bear.
You post says " lost the last two deer i shot perfect with them" if you shot the deer perfect they would have died within 100 yards. Sometimes its hard to admit you did not make a good shot and it is much easier to blame your equipment.
A double lung hit on a deer with a three blade muzzy will equal a short track and a dead deer as a matter of fact a double lund with any broadhead will result in a dead deer.
What are you calling a perfect shot? What rational explaination can you give as to why a perfect shot with a 4 blade would kill a deer and the same shot with a 3 blade would not kill a deer?
Not trying to bash you here but I think we all know it was not the broadhead.
Did you shoot the new broadheads to make sure they hit the same as the old ones?

Old 10-22-2003, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

What failed with the broadheads to cause you to lose 2 deer ? If I' m not mistaken doesn' t the 3 blade have a larget cutting diameter ?
Old 10-22-2003, 11:37 AM

It' s not the broadheads fault. Period.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:20 PM

The three blade and 4 blade do have same diameter in cutting wise, the deer i lost were good shots center body right behind the front shoulder, they just didnt bleed or something like they do with the four blade. It is something i dont understand. I am not the only one who has had this problem, i guess that is why they make more than 1 type.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

trophyhuntr...

You did not make a good shot or the deer would be dead!

Do not blame the broadhead for something that is your fault!

You are either not hitting where you think you are or you are the worlds worst tracker.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:39 PM

I agree with RacHunter! I' ve had very good success with the Muzzy three blade heads.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Probably get more responses posting in the Bowhunting Forum.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:44 AM

Rachunter we all have our coments and opinions, killed two deer the following week same shot area with a 4-blade ran 85-125 yrds bled like a sailor. You want to talk about bad shots give me a break im not perfect i know but at 20-30 yrds i hit where i aim, i dont get nervous and a deer damn sure not going to jump my string at 321 ft/sec. 4 blade for some reason works better for me

Quick Reply: Muzzy Broadheads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.