Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Muzzy Broadheads

Old 11-05-2003, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Muzzy Broadheads

A deer sure can jump the string at 321 fps, exspecially at closer to 30 yards. You probably hit higher than you think and hit the gap between the lungs and spine. Happened to me once. Father-in-law ended up shooting the buck during gun season and while skinning found an X scar on each side. Stuff happens I guess. I have personally taken 9 deer with a 4 blade 90 gr Muzzy and they have done well by me. Usually I am pulling the bloody arrow from deep in the ground.
Old 11-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy Broadheads

I use 90 Gr. 4 blade Muzzys. If you put an arrow through the lungs weather it is a 3 or 4 blade doesn' t matter. one of two things happned. #1 you didn' t put the arrow where you thought you did. OR #2 you need a lot of work on your tracking skill. Did you recover the arrow? what sign was on it. That will usually tell you a lot before you start tracking. It' s worth the effort to start right , find your arrow and access the sign. Once you have done that you can start tracking. Most deer if shot high in the body take a while to leave a blood trail as the cavity has to fill with blood before it can spill onto the ground. It' s unusual for a double lung shot to get more than 100 yds. Single lung a little further , liver hit can go several hundred yds. Gut shot several miles.