Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ASAT Vanish Pro 3D vs. Scentblocker

Old 07-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Spike

Default ASAT Vanish Pro 3D vs. Scentblocker

I'm debating between these two hunting outfits. On one hand the ASAT is versatile and can be used anywhere while hunting. On the other hand, it doesn't disguise or trap the scent at all. However, with the Scentblocker only comes in one type of camo pattern.

What do you guys think? Is Scentblocker worth it or is ASAT just as good if not better? I'll be hunting deer mainly if that helps!

If anyone does have either please comment with experiences and how you like it! I'll also be bow hunting.

Last edited by Lowry; 07-10-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I own the ASAT full camo set-up.

I own this set-up also and like this gear even better !!!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...ts&Ntt=Ghillie

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...oducts&Ntt=TCS

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...od/1230428.uts

Hope this helps

Last edited by Sheridan; 07-11-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Sheridan
I own the ASAT full camo set-up.

I own this set-up also and like this gear even better !!!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...ts&Ntt=Ghillie

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...oducts&Ntt=TCS

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...od/1230428.uts

Hope this helps
Thanks! I'm leaning towards the ASAT tho since it's all season camo. How do you like the 3D suit? Do you need to get a size higher since you're wearing things underneath? Or do you generally stick with the same size?
Old 07-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Lowry
Thanks! I'm leaning towards the ASAT tho since it's all season camo. How do you like the 3D suit? Do you need to get a size higher since you're wearing things underneath? Or do you generally stick with the same size?
I'm in SoCal, so our winters are mild.

I wear mine mainly for Coyote and Turkey hunting.

I also own a one piece 3D suit in a larger size, if I am wearing heavy clothing.

I still like the one I provided links to best !!!
Old 07-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Spike

I also own a one piece 3D suit in a larger size, if I am wearing heavy clothing.

Would it be too baggy during the fall when you don't need to layer? I don't want it to be falling off me haha. But I am a size '31' would (and the Medium size advertises as size 30-32), would the medium size be enough for layering? The large size seems like it'll just come off haha.

I really appreciate you posting the link! But I just don't have a Cabelas near me tho.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Lowry

Old 07-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Spike

Are you generally staying in one place when wearing it or moving around?
Old 07-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I "still hunt" mostly, but I sit down periodically when I get to a spot that looks good to me !

One piece suits are good as a "cover all" if you are wearing heavy clothing all the time.

TIPS;

Reading reviews will help you with size issues.

Look for "items" that have a LOT of reviews (meaning more people brought that item); I "throw out" the one guy who hates it, and I don't bother reading the 5 star reviews.

When washing ANY of them, do NOT put them in the dryer !!!

Lay them flat and take the time to straighten the fabric out - turn it over and do the same on the other side.

Otherwise, the 3D fabric will curl-up !!!

Last edited by Sheridan; 07-12-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Spike

I "still hunt" mostly, but I sit down periodically when I get to a spot that looks good to me !

One piece suits are good as a "cover all" if you are wearing heavy clothing all the time.
Gotcha!

I won't be wearing heavy clothing all the time so I don't want it to be falling off me if I get the next size up. I'm pretty thin (sadly lol) esp. when it comes to my arms and chest. So I might just stick with a med. (since I am size 30-31) but I'm still a bit hesitant as I never bought clothes online before. Since it says that the Med. size is around 30, I'll stick with that. Also just measured my chest and it's around 34-36 and the med. for the 3D suit is 38-40, I'm hoping that'll be enough for layering haha.

Of course I might be just overthinking things...lol