Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

enclosed deer stands

Old 01-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Spike

My dad had a few made at the local high school shop class, the kids make em put them up and sell them for a reasonable price, then use the money for field trips, but its something you have to talk to the shop teacher about.. I think his was the ag class, The did a great job. He passed last year or I would get more information.. he lived near taylor Arkansas.. Pretty sure they where 100-150 each, and they also camo painted them, had tin roofs, and carpet floor, three shoot windows, rear access door, and a shelf un the front window. He put a swivel office chair in his.. It was very nice, I want to say maybe..8-12' high at the base. and tall enough to stand in. maybe 6x8, or so..
Old 01-11-2015, 05:21 AM
Spike

Don't the pop up blinds spook mature bucks if not set up a few weeks before the season? I thought the blind that was built is a good idea. The deer will get used to it, and some people like myself are not thrilled about climbing much anymore. I have a couple pop ups I am going to set up this season, but always am concerned about location as not to spook any deer. Plus the darn copperhead snakes might try to make them home!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as remaining "moveable", I think you will have to stay with a pop-up ground blind. These work great. I have tried some of the low priced ones and I got what I paid for !!! None lasted any time 2-3 seasons then kaput. Packing is doable for sure. Cost ... is what your budget will allow. I have used a Double Bull I bought years ago and it has held up great. But it was not cheap.

As far as building one from scratch. I have built over 20 tin roofed box blinds (4x4 -6'6" and 4'x5'-6'6" and a few 6'x6'-6'6"). I have always used new materials. Certainly not easily moved and certainly not cheap. These days, materials are about $300 for a 4x4. If you want plans, there are many out there on the net ... free.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Lots of blind pictures to look at here to get ideas from.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whit...ng-blinds.html

I have built them from free pallets from places like TSC and motorcycle, snowmobile and water craft shops. Sears also has them some times.

You can make a wood 4'x4' blind and mount a bracket with wheels a couple of guys can move to different places and if you add a tow bar you can tow it with a ATV even.
Use the thin fake T 1-11 siding for light weight.

All but the plat form is recycled stuff on this one.

You can buy pre built box blinds all over this area for 250.00 painted and every thing includeing windows.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 01-18-2015 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've built around 10 4X4 box blinds, out of white pine, have hinged shooting window cover to discourage yellowjackets and wasps, just close up the windows thru the warm weather, build them in a garage, upset them onto a tilting trailer, pull them to location with my terry-x, stand them up and level them, will try to get some pics Monday got 2 almost complete in the shop.
RR
Old 04-03-2015, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deercreek, I built a 5'X8' platform on top of 10' legs for about $200. It is not easy to move so will be left in one place. It was all treated lumber from Menards except the flooring which was used treated decking. I put a popup doghouse blind on one end and a ladder on the other. It works great, is in an "old field" not far from a food plot. Sorry, I can not send a picture.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

OP, if you want to be elevated as you stated then you are going to have to spend a little. Top has a good design for on the ground and you could also elevate it on a 4 leg stand. So for probably a hundred or so more (added to his 100 estimate) you could elevate it. But you won't be moving it easily at all so be sure where you put it. And also, use screws not nails so that in the instance that you find you goofed up it will be a little easier to take down and move. It would certainly be a lot cheaper than the 1500+ box blind tripod stands.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:46 PM
Banned

Latest Lone Wolf Alpha Tech F1 is the wise choice for deer hunting . it meet's the demands of today's die-hard hunter, and it's affordable.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Spam

Patricia, every post you have made in your short tenure here has sounded like an advertisment for some product. I clicked on your signature and find you are representing Stafford sporting goods, Hence the ST after Patricia. You are a spammer in my opinion. In addition your posts show you have little experience in hunting and little knowledge as well. If you are going to give advice, you have to know what you are talking about.