Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Muck Boot Company supports HSUS

Old 08-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

As I see it, the only 'inconsistency' is that the statements said the donation was to be made to a certain foundation, and then that foundation said they hadn't received anything AT THAT TIME. When the picture is of them actively collecting the donations, why are people so surprised to find out that there was a lag between that date and the date of delivery to the foundation in question? It's not like this was a multimillion dollar negotiated endorsement deal with months of preparation and planning, and an electronic transfer of funds that was reported days or weeks after the execution of the deal. Some employees pulled together a pool for one of their recently deceased coworkers that wanted to save some cats through a local animal shelter - I'll think it safe to assume that the coworkers death wasn't planned, and the impromptu collection that followed was not scheduled. Then the collecting party has to determine the proper medium to deliver the donation and take the time to actually do so. Having been involved in many of this type of donation collection efforts myself, it's a simple matter that it takes time. Once this all came into the public eye, undoubtedly the collecting coworker was told by their bosses to cease and desist until they could determine the next step.

The fact that what was a simple screw up by what was quite likely a summer multimedia marketing intern that had been involved with the company for a month - some 19yr old blonde chick with a bright smile and a dim wit - screwed up the details of a post on a public platform put all of this in motion, then folks refuse to admit that they were wrong to be so quick to d@mn Muck boots after so little evidence of something that was supposedly done.

But some folks are too stubborn - Muck can't prove something didn't happen, because it didn't happen, and now folks are stubborn in their hate and won't jump off the bandwagon.

The conspiracy theorist in me is more prone to believe that there was anything hinky going on here, it was that the incorrect post wasn't accidental, but rather a publicity stunt - made knowing that people would react like this, but Muck could come out clean. "Any publicity is good publicity" is more true today than it ever has been, and in a few short weeks or months, the market share response will undoubtedly be positive in their favor. So if I'm to believe anything negative, it's NOT that Muck secretly made a tiny donation to a TRACEABLE CHANNEL and covered it up, but rather that they pretended to make a mistake so that they could bolster a stagnated market growth.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think this whole Muck Boot deal is a bunch of BS started by people that have nothing better to do than to make other's lives miserable!