Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Mosquito killer?

Old 07-02-2014, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mosquito killer?

Does anyone use though mosquito zappers some of the hunting shows advertise? Do they work? Thinking about getting one for the wife while she is out in her garden , the bugs have gone crazy this year with the abundant moisture we've had here in NE Montana. Just curious if they are worth the money, thanks!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:42 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Save your money wear repellent or use a Off Clip on.

JW
Old 07-03-2014, 06:34 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know about the products you are referring to, but I do know Thermacells work well. They are, however, a little pricey to run.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Murdy is correct. I often hunt swampy areas here in Alabama. When it is early season, warm ans still the skeeters are heck. This product works great .... but only if it is still. Seems like if there is the slighest air movement the repellant envelope becomes ineffective. I will add that this was a gift to me ... and I sort of felt obligated to at least use it. I am old .... and old school. I do not usually get into the fads. A GPS unit and cell phone are about as high tech as I have gotten.

Frankly a repellent with 25% or more of DEET is what I use. I am a firm believer that scent cannot be well covered anyway, so I simply stay downwind as best I can. Plus I try to travel light.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in central Florida where my hunting buddies and I do not hit the woods without a thermacell.