Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Air travel gun case

Old 06-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Air travel gun case

I currently use a Tuffpak 1050. It is very tough and it looks like I am traveling with golf clubs. I have had crushed corners on traditional shaped cases in the past. The Tuffpak always comes through with only a few new scratches. They are higher priced than most cases (around $400) but they are seemingly indestructible, last many years, and protect valuable contents.

What do you fellows use?
Old 06-12-2014, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Americase are good to protect from even fire, but they are heavy.

http://www.americase.com/catalog/shotgun-cases

I put my shotguns in them.

Pelican Case, those which are custom foam fit & with wheels are the best - they are waterproof and can even float.

http://www.casesbypelican.com/pelican_gun_cases.htm

I put my rifles in them.

I use soft/hard floating cases once I arrived at my destination for both shotguns and rifles.

Mine are DosokSport, but I guess they don't make them any more.

I did see a lot from a company called "Bulldog" - FYI
Old 06-13-2014, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the Pelican 1750 but I was having trouble making it weigh less than 50 pounds with two scoped rifles (one of them over 10 lbs.) and some rifle gear. That is what brought me to the Tuffpak. It weighs about 10 pounds less than the 1750. I put two scoped rifles in soft cases in it and still have capacity for cleaning rods, small tool bag, and a jacket.

Pelican makes great cases. I believe Pelican and Tuffpak are both made by the Nalpak.