Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Ameristep Octagon

Old 01-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ameristep Octagon

I just bought one of those, it was a Wal-Mart clearance. I needed something to set in the middle of 30 acres of tall grass with trees around the edges. It looks like it should do the job. Does anyone have experience with one of these?? Thanks.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:35 AM
Fork Horn

I was thinking of purchasing one my self.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wal-Mart has them on for $200. They put them on sale in some stores. I gave a guy $150 for one that he had bought at a Wal-Mart clearance. I don't know what he gave for it, I am sure that he made a few buck on it. My local store still wants $200.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Jenks
I just bought one of those, it was a Wal-Mart clearance. I needed something to set in the middle of 30 acres of tall grass with trees around the edges. It looks like it should do the job. Does anyone have experience with one of these?? Thanks.
Any update on the stand quality?
Old 01-29-2014, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, Shark. I do not have it yet. My son picked it up for me and he still has it. I did see it tho, it is in the box. He lives 200 miles from me, I was there with the wife in a car last weekend. I will go up there with my pickup in the spring and get it. I will put it together at the house to make sure it is all there.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Let me know how the quality is..

Thanks
Old 02-06-2014, 05:24 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I tried to find a picture of the Ameristep Octagon blind but could not. I have used many ground blinds from a springsteel blind to the hub style blinds. Each has its advantages and disadvantages mainly in setup.

is it a spring steel or hub style?

One thing with Ameristep blinds and the fabric used. Left out over time they do fade. Some even turn a funny color.

If I knew more I cold help yo with pros and cons.
JW
Old 02-06-2014, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JW
I tried to find a picture of the Ameristep Octagon blind but could not. I have used many ground blinds from a springsteel blind to the hub style blinds. Each has its advantages and disadvantages mainly in setup.

is it a spring steel or hub style?

One thing with Ameristep blinds and the fabric used. Left out over time they do fade. Some even turn a funny color.

If I knew more I cold help yo with pros and cons.
JW
The Ameristep Octagon is a tripod stand.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:00 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey thanks - I was thinking those enclosed fabric blinds. I did a search but nothing much came up.

I have no experience with tripods.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Here ya go.

https://www.google.com/search?client...46%3B500%3B500

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.