Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

2-way radios

Old 01-08-2014, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, many of the foreign made radios are legal to sell in the US but not to use here under FCC regs because they exceed the legal wattage for use in the US.
Nobody ever checks though.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by theshark
hey y'all... Why is it "illegal to hunt with walkie talkies..." In Nebraska??
***Some states will not allow them to be used for ethical reasons because some use them to tell others where an animal has been located or where it's moving, and that's considered an unfair advantage. It's similar to not being able to hunt the same day you fly in some jurisdictions. Personally I agree with the restrictions. I also know that it's abused with radios that have a huge number of sub channels where it would be hard for the G&F to monitor their use like it would be with only a few channels.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

If you need to coordinate with other hunters over 2 way radios like a pack of wolves howling back and forth maybe you need to rethink this hunting thing and consider another hobby.

Isn't the use of electronic communication to coordinate in the pursuit of game pretty much illegal as TG already pointed out?
Old 01-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Spike

If you have the cash, I would try to find some garmin rinos. Like someone else mentioned, you can see the location of others in your party with them. I love mine, and it has helped me and my dad find each other. But like all electronics, they are not always 100% helpful. I got turned around pretty quick while using one also.