Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Blind question

Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Easiest cure don't take her.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about a piece of HD canvass to use as a ground cloth, cut to size? There are many outfits that make custom cut canvas tarps and such. Would be quiet, durable and packable. Could get it is black , brown or green.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Personally in all my expiditions using a blind a floor is not needed! Simply remove and leaf litter or brush and sit down. If you set up the blind in advance spray the area with Raid YardGuard.....that will kill anything in and around the ground litter or brush.

JW
Old 04-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JW
Personally in all my expiditions using a blind a floor is not needed! Simply remove and leaf litter or brush and sit down. If you set up the blind in advance spray the area with Raid YardGuard.....that will kill anything in and around the ground litter or brush.

JW
What if you leave the blind up all season? Do you repeatedly spray? I don't see how a floor in a blind would keep out bugs, spiders, snakes, field mice etc.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:10 PM
JW
Super Moderator

How long is a season?

I would spray as needed. I am never bothered much by bugs - I don't leave anything edible for a mouse in the blind ever.
Snakes are not a problem for me but I surely would check if i was in slither headquarters.
One thing to consider leaving a blind out. Those Avery blinds or any any blind using that Nylon type camo material may fade or turn blue due to the ultra violet rays.
Be aware of that.
My DBs don't - because it is a canvas type of fabric.

JW
Old 04-12-2014, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have a amerstep blind that has a floor. the floor can be unzipped to get it out of the way. While carpet and other things have been suggest if it isn't sealed tight to the blind, spiders can still get in and then you will have a fear crazed woman clawing and other stuff to get out.

Ortho home defense spray last for a while, get it by the gallon. Use a leaf rake to clean the area up of any litter then spray inside and around the outside edges of a floorless blind.
That should do the trick and tell wifey to watch for deer and not for spiders on the ground.

Al