Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

problem with noisy ladderstand

Old 11-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Spike

Default problem with noisy ladderstand

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about my noisy platform on my big game ladder stand.I tried loosening the bolts and tightening them but it still sounds like a screen door opening when i stand on it.I can only hunt sitting down because of the noise.Any suggestions?I was thinking about using sum type of spacer at all the contact points on the platform bolts but not sure what to use
Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Plastic or nylon washers, if you have a bunch of left over flat faucet washers they could be drilled out. bolts a consideration too. Threaded part through tubing not as nice as round shank for a bearing surface. Check for any metal to metal pivot points on tubes/framing too. a washer can fit between some if they rub. Carpet can deaden alot of grating or mesh vibration,
Olive oil on stand joints as last resort. Good luck and great hunting.

Last edited by monoped; 11-01-2012 at 10:24 AM.