Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Invention Ideas for a Senior Design Project

Old 10-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Spike

Default Invention Ideas for a Senior Design Project

Hey Guys,

I'm currently a senior majoring in mechanical engineering and part of our course work before we graduate is to complete a senior design project. I'm trying to get some ideas for this design project, and I figured who better to ask than other hunters. I know we've all had those moments of "man I wish one of those existed it would be perfect right now." I would like to hear what some of these ideas are. Thanks for your feedback.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

A device that told us where the deer were!!
Old 10-18-2012, 11:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an idea.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:34 AM
Spike

You could try to build a better varmint and hog proof feeder (I realize feeders aren't legal in all states, but they are big business here in Texas). Many ranchers/hunters have issues with coons and squirrels climbing the legs and emptying the feeder by spinning the plate...even with a cage around it. Also hogs knock the feeders over and tear them up to get to the corn. Finally there is the issue of filling the feeder. Winch style feeders allow you to lower the feeder however there are many fixed leg corn and protein feeders that can not be lowered and must be filled over the top. A clever economical, fixed or portable system that is mechanical or battery powered that would keep the hunter safe (rather than standing on a ladder, on their UTV, or in the bucket of a front end loader) would be great. Just a few ideas.... Good luck