Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New off road vehicle!!

Old 09-07-2003, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New off road vehicle!!

The pictures that I looked at must have been for the two wheel drive model.I looked again and I still don' t see a real advantage over a quad and the large size is still a disadvantage as is the high price.
Old 09-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

They definatly look to be really fun! I would love to drive one just to see. I grew up on the seat of a quad, but i still would like to take it for a ride or two, or three, or four.... However, for that price I think i would rather buy a good ole CJ-7 and fix it up to be a strictly off-road machine. Call me a sucker for Jeeps, but that' s the truth. Or, for that price i could buy a couple more quads.

So, it' d be nice to have one, but they are too expensive. BigBore1985, get their financial people to drop the price to $5K, then we' ll talk!
Old 09-07-2003, 07:45 PM

The price is going to come down. It' s just new, it costs alot to get all of those parts shipped around the country and such. They will break in nice. The differences between these and ATV' s are huge. Aside from the obvious facts that it has a roof, alot more cargo space on the racks, more comfortable for one or two people to ride, these things are made strictly for GO! They have a full rollcage, and the frame is indestructible. They come with racing harnesses, so, as you can see, safety is paramount. Their low end power makes them real crawling and four wheeling machines, and their high end speed is impressive as well. The suspension is modeled after Baja racing suspensions, and they can jump, if so inclined. There will be trailers for them, for hauling out elk and other huge animals (nobody is macho enough to say they like doing that). We are in the process of making them completely waterproof as well. You guys will like them, wait and see.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

I just came from the deep and thick forrest and I dont think that one of those would of made it but my 4 X 4 quad did good. I don' t think that it could go through the tight spots like I was in today. Many times I had my four wheeler wedged between trees it was so tight. That thing would be awesome for the trails but not my taste. Plus I could be 2-3 ATV' s for that price that would do just as good probaby!!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its to big to go anywhere in the country we hunt in . The neighbor has something similar to it but it won' t come close to the quads on rough ground . I can see where they might be fun to drive but so is a willys jeep
Old 09-08-2003, 10:42 AM

Trust me, these things can off road 10 times better than a Willy' s Jeep. We have all been foru wheeling before. And we all know that four wheeling, especially with full size vehicles, leads to breaking things. These things will break way less often than an ATV, not to mention a Jeep. So the money you save in repairs is well worth it. On top of the benefits I have listed above, they will go ANYWHERE. I have test driven one, tried everything with one. I live in Colorado, they are made in Colorado, and it doesn' t get much more off-road than the Rocky Mountains. This is going to be big, and all I challenge is that when they make it to stores near you, and they will, go test drive one. There is a reason that law enforcement and military institutions both want these. They are guys with all the money they need, funded by us, who could buy as many ATV' s, Jeeps, or Pick-ups as they wanted, and many of them are expressing interest in or opting for the Tomcars. Just drive one.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:09 PM

My honda 300 fourtrax is a 1995 and has never broke down. Been in tight spots and mud and can always pick up one end and get out. It looks like a dune buggy and hopefully aint as loud. As for runnin loggin roads in mud my f-150 will go anywhere I want with my ramsey winch so don' t see this being a big breakthrough for serious hunters. Good luck selling them.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never had a breakdown with my honda atv' s and maintenance is minimum so your sales pitch isn' t valid in that respect.The quad is also much narrower so it will fit between trees better and manouver in tighter places so it only stands to reason a wider vehicle will not go everywhere that a quad will go.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-09-2003, 12:12 PM

Look, I am not trying to sell you guys on these things now. You are all probably like me and like to stick with what works. But, keep an open mind about them till you drive one, cause they are a great machine. The reason that weight, torque, and such have not been posted is because there are several different models, with different engines, and the company is in the process of getting that all done. They are selling really well so far. I hope you guys can drive one soon. My offer still stands if anyone is ever in CO.

Quick Reply: New off road vehicle!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.