Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Does anyone drive a 6 or 8 wheeler Argo?

Old 08-28-2003, 01:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Does anyone drive a 6 or 8 wheeler Argo?

I always thought why only take one person on a conventional ATV and they aren' t amphibious. The Argo' s have 2 or more seats and are totally amphibious and float better on snow with 6 wheels or better still with 8.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does anyone drive a 6 or 8 wheeler Argo?

I’ve looked at them and even took one out for a test drive. The 8 wheel has a smoother ride then the 6 wheel. They are slower then the quad but then I’m not in a race when hunting. Put the tracks on them and they can nearly go anywhere. Great for ice fishing. I was very impressed with the Argos. They are well built and wouldn’t hesitate to buy one for this hunting season if I had the $$$.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

The argo hauls a lot of gear and does float but on the negative size they are slow and ride very rough compared to a quad.They also don' t manouver well in confined spaces(especially narrow trails) due to their large size.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:27 AM

I think they are the cats behind for duck hunting & ice fishing but as far as using them for deer, moose & turkey hunting they just don' t manuvre the way my atv does......i' d love to have one but the wife said she' d leave me if I get anymore toys....hmmmm with more toys I wouldn' t have the time to miss her...[]...gotta go check my bank balance....[:-]....Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 09-05-2003, 04:41 PM

They do have a rough ride, especially if you are sitting in the back! The back space is better suited for carrying gear than extra passengers. They also are tough to amneuver when floating, and they feel tippy although I' ve never heard of one tipping over. They are also slow and a little on the noisy side.

If it wasn' t for the amphibious capabilities, I would buy a 4 wheeler before an Argo, but the Argo definitely is better suited for certain situations.