Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

How do you guys scent treat your clothes?

Old 02-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Spike

Default How do you guys scent treat your clothes?

I was just curious on how everyone here scent treats their clothes. I know everyone has their own way and certain products they like to use and I would really like to hear everyones method. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default For some years. . .

I use to use pine needles in a plastic bag, with the hunting clothes. But it never caught on real good, as it cost no real money.
I avoid using smelly home detergent, and use natural compounds in washing soda and borax, to wash clothes.
Use a homemade scent spray, that I was absolutely sold on, when I made the stuff up to kill some smoke damage to the interior of an automobile. I could make up the stuff for 25 years, and that smoke damage saving will pay for it all.

Other than that, I'm still looking for stuff that will cost some real serious money.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

I wash them with the scent killer detergent and store them in the same rubbermade totes that I have used for years. After each hunt I will spray them down with scent killer before putting them back in the totes. When I lived on the farm I use to hang them out on the clothes line a lot.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

I do most of my hunting on my parents land. So I go out about a month before bow season and hang all my clothes inside the old corn cob style bin next to the woods. Yes, I do have the cabon suits and some scent loc suits but that is only because of the sale prices I bought them for. I simple use the wind and the woods to "clean" my clothes. Throughout the season I will use some scent killer sprays but I hunt by the wind.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use scent free detergents, and also like the others will use foliage from my hunting area in a bag with my clothes.

To be honest. I don't believe we can make ourselves scent free. I worry more about keeping the wind in my face than how I smell.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

I wash them with baking soda and seal in a garbage bag. As stated above, stay clean and make the wind work for you and not against you.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by HDMontana
I wash them with the scent killer detergent and store them in the same rubbermade totes that I have used for years. After each hunt I will spray them down with scent killer before putting them back in the totes. When I lived on the farm I use to hang them out on the clothes line a lot.
This is the same thing I do. Off topic a bit, but I always pull fresh cedar needles when walking in to the stand ...Rub them all over. Works very well and cheap.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wash all my Hunting Clothes in scent-free detergent then I either hang dry them outside or put in the dryer with the earth scent dryer sheets and then I keep my stuff outside in a plastic tote or hang them up.When I go out to hunt I spray down with Scent-killer spray and wear rubber boots.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing. I have had a cigarette (Quit now) burning and have had deer closer than 10 feet. As long as there is the slightest breeze pushing the scent away from you things will be fine. I almost always hunt on the ground and this helps. The farther up a tree you sit, the bigger an area your scent drifts to. You do more damage by brushing against and touching things on the way to where you plan to hunt. I have seen that for a fact.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wash base layers once a year in cold water and baking soda.

KISS works for me.

Last edited by Tundra10; 04-21-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.