Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

How do you guys scent treat your clothes?

Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Spike

Never wash your hunting clothes in a washing machine unless that's all the machine's ever been used for and no detergent has ever been poured into it. ever!

We have a small wood shed we keep most of our gear in. A few days before a trip we take our clothes, jumpers, boots and let it all set out on the porch till we go. once we get there we leave our gear in out in the open but away from where we'll be cooking.

... also, don't use soap in the shower for two days leading to the trip. just hot water.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

wash with scent free detergent as far as regular clothes. (usually wear 2-3 times between washings but always remove them soon as I get back too the house, it's on my land) As for outwear, I store it all in a hunting closet lined with large cedar shelves and maybe 2ce a season I'll lay it out on the porch or fence during a nice sunny day and let it air dry. As for "washing" that outwear I lay it out, sprinkle it with baking soda during a nice, clam, steady overnight rain. Then I let that air/sun dry for a day or two!

Hunt the wind, NO amount of "whatever gimmicks" will beat a deers nose. If they can smell your "fresh earth whatever scented coverup" they have ALREADY smelled your stankin a.. and are about to high tail it!