Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Truck Gun Rack??

Old 08-19-2003, 05:00 PM

Default Truck Gun Rack??

Anybody had any experience with any of these? Whats your favorite kind? I know they come in clamp, suction cups, and who knows what else but I need a strong one that wont hurt the truck and will stay where i put it without moving or falling down. Does it exist??
Old 08-28-2003, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Truck Gun Rack??

Not sure if they are still made. I believe they were call Gun Lox.The were steel construction . Had a Brown Plastic coving on them. They came in Two and Three gun models.The were fastened by sheet metal screws.Those were the best I ever found.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 08-29-2003, 12:38 PM

Default RE: Truck Gun Rack??

Suthern, I think you would be happier with a quality guncase instead of leaving your guns out in the open. Trust me, I' ve tried em all in nearly 20 years of doin it and NOTHING is safer than having the gun tucked safely into a case and stashed in the cab or if its waterproof, in the bed or tool box of the truck. I swear by the Browning Travel Vault because it can get wet and holds many things besides my gun. There are cheaper versions of the same case available.

I' ve used the window mount from suction cup mounts and bolt ons, to the over the seat kind and just about anything else you can name. All they got me were scratched up guns and even one break-in that got my 25/06 Weatherby and my favorite lil 22 rifles stolen. Sad fact is that today if the guns are in view, they are MUCH more likely to be stolen. Why advertise them? Dark privacy glass only adds a false sense of security, the thieves STILL see what they are looking for.

Good luck,
RA