Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

bug proof clothes

Old 08-16-2003, 10:17 AM

Default bug proof clothes

i was just wondering if anyone has used a " bug suite" and if so how they liked it? Im hunting bear and im sick of slapping flys and misquitoes. how well do they breath and are they very heavy? which brand would you recommend? thanks a lot guys.
-kyle
Old 08-17-2003, 03:00 PM

Default RE: bug proof clothes

I can' t tell you whitch one is best, but I went and bought the New Shannon' s Bug Tamer about an hour ago. My local sporting goods store got some in and they will go fast down in Ga. I talked with several guys that has used them and they were very happy with the results. I also went to other message boards and asked the same question that you are asking. The majority of folks said to go with the bug tamer. The newest one has the no-see-um mesh on the outside and I like that. Also it is suppose to help control human scent. I guess the best way to test that will be when bow season opens in 4 weeks.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

The Bug Tamer works great. During the early part of our bow season it can get pretty warm. I' ll wear the Bug Tamer in with nothing but my drawers on underneath it and never get bitten by the flying stuff. One word of warning, it doesn' t stop chiggers or ticks but then I haven' t found anything that will.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Bug Tamer all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hunt from day one and no skeete bites at all! I love it!