Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Muzzle Loader scope

Old 11-03-2011, 04:48 AM
Spike

Default Muzzle Loader scope

I just bought a CVA buckhorn off of a buddy of mine, he didn't have any use for it anymore after getting off of his lease. He sold me the gun (with a case) and all the supplies he had for it (about 2 boxes of powder pellets, 2 boxes of projectiles with sabots, percussion caps, solvent, patches and bullet starter) for $100. Seeing as how I've shot it a few times and knew it shot straight I jumped on it. The scope that is on it is a tasco and I'm trying to find a suitable replacement. I've looked at the Nikon BDC-300 and another Leupold with similar features. The thing I like about the Nikon is the software on the internet that lets you put in your powder charge and bullet weight and it gives you a cheat sheet to show where on the rings to aim for different distances. Anybody have any experience with this scope? Maybe recommend a different scope? Thanks guys for your time.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

I have a Nikon Omega BDC-250 on my TC Encore and Knight Revolution blackpowder rifles. I have them zeroed for 100 yards and have never tried the BDC aspect. I did not know about the online calculator so I will check that out. I like the scopes, they are bright and clear and seem to be quality optics.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a cheap $60 Simmons Pro-Diamond 4x32 shotgun scope with a diamond reticle. For a cheap scope it has clear optics and holds zero well. A lot of people will probably laugh when I post this but oh well. I have it on my Z5 Omega .50. I would like to have a Nikon but can't throw out the $$$ for one right now. Besides, like I said the Simmons, even though inexpensive, has worked really well for me.