Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Binocular question

Old 08-05-2003, 04:32 PM

Default Binocular question

Any body have any experience with the Zeiss Classic C 10 X 40? I want a new pair of binoculars and the price of these compaired to the Swarovski' s 10 X 40 EL' s
are a lot cheaper. But I wonder if the Swarovski' s are just that much better. I sure like the sale price in Cabela' s better then the Swarovski' s. Most of my hunting is woods with 30 to 40 % in fields. Any other comments on binoculars that could help would be a great help as I am completly confused on what to buy.

Thanks & this is a great forum

Dale
Old 08-05-2003, 08:47 PM

Default RE: Binocular question

Swarovski is a VERY well respected name in optics...But when you compare apples to oranges it is a matter of choice...If you have lots of money then buy the expencive pair but if you are the penny pincher type then why spend lots of money.... Right... Good luck in your choice...[:-][:-][:-]
Old 08-06-2003, 12:36 AM

Default RE: Binocular question

swarovski on a clear is best. swarovski had a tendacy to blur on bright days and will distort the picture.there are 3 brands along the quality you are looking at. swaronski,leica,and zeiss.leica is made with eyes galls lense glass. i went with these because they stayed clear in more areas. just like the other gentleman stated ,it is like apples and oranges.i can look thru the leicas all days and my eyes never get tired or strained