Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

? on handheld GPS

Old 09-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Spike

Default I use Garmin Rino 530Hcx

I have been using the Garmin Rino 530 Hcx and I love it. It is a GPS and 2 way radio. It can literally be a life saver! If you are hunting with a buddy or a group of people you can use the Rino to know where exactly everyone is in your group ( as long as they have a Rino as well). If you get an animal down your group can come straight to you.

Garmin has recently come out with newer models so the price is coming down on the older models like the 530 Hcx. This is something that I feel is necessary to have in my gear. The range and power is awesome!

Just two days ago my Dad filled his tag on a limited entry elk tag. He was able to shoot his elk because we both used Rinos and as I walked on the far ridge side to push the elk to him. My dad could position himself parallel to me. I was generally .75 miles away the whole time... As I pushed the ridge the elk came out and ran straight to him!

I will attach a picture of the Bull he shot. He's not big but he will fill the freezer.

Here is a link to what it looks like and does on Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000QJNC78
Attached Thumbnails ? on handheld GPS-dad-s-elk.jpg