Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Stealth ATV Muffler?

Old 07-29-2003, 01:32 PM

Default Stealth ATV Muffler?

Anyone got any experience with one of these? I want to quiet down my lil 3004x4 Honda but the only experience I have with any addon mufflers is a buddy who hopped up his 650 Grizzley and his muffler (wasnt a Stealth, I think it came from the Carolinas) basically restored it to stock noise levels.
The ads say at least 50% reduction. How can that happen without affecting the jets and backpressure? Will it get rid of that " Honda poppin" that can be heard for miles?

Quiet, I want quiet I say!
RA
Old 07-29-2003, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stealth ATV Muffler?

We put the system Cabelas sells on one of the bikes ,but haven' t had a chance to test it yet in the woods . Just listening to it it is quite a bit quieter on the road . The fire danger is to high to go off road now .
Old 07-31-2003, 06:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Stealth ATV Muffler?

Red Allison ,
I saw a demo on one of the shows on TNN comparing 2 competing products for noise reduction , and did an impressive job even at close range .