Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Pop up ground blinds

Old 07-11-2003, 06:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Pop up ground blinds

The current issue of the Sportsmans Guide Hunting products catalog has an Ameristep Outhouse(Ididn' t name it) pop up tent style blind on sale for $49 . This one has a leaf cut fabric at the edges for better outline break up , a shadow reducing inner coating , built in scent reduction , and shoot through panels(archery only) . I own , and have extensively used , an earlier model without most of those features for 2 years now , and I would highly reccomend it . In fact , I just bought the new one based on my experiences with the one I have . It allows you wonderful portability , excellent concealment , instant set up , and great weather protection . It' s probably the best hunting accessory I' ve ever purchased next to my gun . The camo pattern it features also makes it possible to wear ordinary clothing without worrying about being detected , even at short range . If there' s nothing happening where you set up , no problem you can move it in minutes . It comes with a back pack style cover that is 2" thick and only weighs 8 lbs.loaded . They also have Ameristep' s Dog house(larger) model on the same page for $69 . From personal experience , jump on this before they sober up . I had a 6 pointer walk to within feet of me last season while I was in my original one , he never saw or smelled me , and the wind was in his favor .
Old 07-27-2003, 06:31 PM

Default RE: Pop up ground blinds

Kevin, the Sportsman Guide only has the blind in tangle camo. What is it like? I have never seen tangle before. Thanks for the info.
Millsy
Old 07-28-2003, 06:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Millsy ,
Tangle is a pattern for woodland applications involving underbrush or thick understory trees and bushes , or it can be used anywhere that the background is not open such as prarie hunting . I' ve found it to work similarly to other woods type patterns , it does an excellent job on my terrain .
Old 07-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would tend to agree with Kevin' s comments. The Tangle pattern is most closely related to the older Mossy Oak Breakup but with more brown in the overall pattern. For 2003 Ameristep added more color to the Tangle pattern.

Some folks may be somewhat confused with the Sportmansguide most recent publication as it has two Ameristep Doghouses advertised. One is on the back cover with the Outhouse and is advertised for $69.99 while the other is inside the mag on the " blind page" and is listed for around $150. The difference is that the more expensive model is a 2002. Ameristep drastically cut prices for the 2003 production year in order to be more competitive with some of the other blind making companies such as Hunters View.

Hope this helps.