Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Eberlestock backpacks: Dragonfly v. Just One

Old 08-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Spike

Default Eberlestock backpacks: Dragonfly v. Just One

I’m looking for a ‘do-it-all’ pack for deer/elk hunting as well as general backpacking. I’ve settled on the Eberlestock packs, but I’m hoping some of you might provide some feedback on comparing the Dragonfly model v. the Just One. They are basically the same functionality, except that the Dragonfly has a hard plastic/aluminum internal frame.

Now, I can go to a store in town and they have the Dragonfly, but the Just One is backordered (for everybody) until mid-September. I’d like to compare them side-by-side, try them on and such, before dropping that kind of money. While they are supposedly well functioned for hauling meat out, I want to make sure whichever one I choose feels right as a day pack too.

Does anybody out there have any experience with either of these packs? Or better yet, maybe you compared them yourself in the past… what did you think? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Badlands 2200 pack so I am not using what you are looking for. A very good & trusted friend of mine has the "just one" pack. He really likes his pack, I have put his pack on & walked around with it loaded down with his camping gear. After looking at his pack compared to mine? I wish I had known about the "just one" pack before I bought my Badlands 2200.