Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Primos Calls: What one do you use?

Old 07-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Spike

Default Primos Calls: What one do you use?

I am doing a little survey about what Primos deer calls hunters use most.
Let me know what Grunter,Can or Doe/Fawn Bleet,Rattling pack or fighting horns? Also let me know what elk calls and waterfowl calls

Thanks
Bob
Old 07-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Spike

Default RE: Primos Calls: What one do you use?

ok 15 people looked at this and no response......so what calls do you whitetail hunters use the most.......knight&Hale?,Madd?.....not much of a servey if no one responds.

Thanks
Bob
Old 07-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the Knight and Hale Ez grunt tube and the widow maker (not sure who makes it, since the label is worn off over the years of use). I use my voice to duplicate all other calls and even to grunt when a buck shows up and I need to be ready for a quick shot. I do have friends who use and like the can by primos. The most popular call seems to be the True Talker, as it can be used to make all different sounds without changing the O-ring on the reed. I use only real antler for rattling, prefering horns from kills vs sheds due to better tone. I never have liked the rattle bag, boxs or fake horns, they lack the tone and ability to do what I want when Rattling.

I do have raspy hen primos duck call and use it a fair bit. My other calls for ducks are DU edition Mallard call, knight & hale double reed mallard & Pintail call (forget who makes it). I use a number of goose calls, olt, primos, knight & hale double clucker & DU edition Canada Goose Flute (white fronts (specklebelly), snow, Juvie canadas and greater canada). Elk I use a diaprham call and knight & hale Bugle tube. Moose I call be voice and have made a birch bark call.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry to take so long to answer you , but I just now saw your post . I' ve used Primos " The Can" and wasn' t impressed with it . Their grunt calls are good , but I had to get away from exhale grunters due to freezing of the reed . They do give a good range of vocalization though .
Old 07-07-2003, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

Just saw your post too. I have:

2 diaphram elk calls, the ivory plate (white) and the red one. Can' t remember the name of the red.

The hoochie mama sqeeze cow call

The hyperlip single reed cow call.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:54 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Most of the diaphragm elk calls I use are Carlton' s, but last year I did use the Primo' s Hoochie Mama squeeze cow call. I didn' t think it sounded quite right, but I called in two nice bulls with it, so I guess it sounded good to the elk!
Old 07-07-2003, 04:52 PM

I use the easy cow2 reed without the palate plate. We called in my bull last year with the hoochie mama. It sounded different but worked great.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:05 PM

I use the " Can" and True Talker for grunting.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

I also use the can and the true talker
Old 08-07-2003, 11:02 PM

i use all four varieties of palate plate diaphragms for elk(favorite is the imperial), a hoochie momma and a hyper lip single. i also have a terminator bugle but its retired. i now use an abe and sons.

for deer i use " the can" . love that thing

Quick Reply: Primos Calls: What one do you use?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.