Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

deer carts

Old 06-28-2003, 09:48 AM

Default deer carts

I am looking to make a deer cart rather than pay a $100 for one. Has anybody here done this and if so could you share with me how you did it.

Thank you
Old 06-29-2003, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: deer carts

i would just visit a sport shop and copy the ideas. i have 2 carts and my first one has the small tires on it and isint too wide so it feels like it wants to tip to the left or right when going over uneven ground or a log.i would try to put side rails on it to keep the load from falling out and not have rely on straps.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:02 AM

Liquidorange makes a good point, remember to make it strong also, but light enough so it won' t wear you out.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

i was thinking of picking up a wheel chair or pull golf bag cart at thrift store and modify them.they were cheap
Old 07-14-2003, 08:31 AM

Has anyone modified their climbing tree stand to add a wheel and some handles or something like that? I am working on some plans for that right now. I wish my aluminum welding skills were better, so it will be all bolt together for now.

Chubber
Old 07-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here' s some plans I found for a cart. http://ca.geocities.com/petergward/deer.cart.html
Old 07-18-2003, 11:03 AM

I made one OF electrical 1 inche tubing i rent the pipe bender from home depot and the wheel are plastic 12 inche. I look on internet and in cabelas cathelog and found one i like. the one that fold in two i made. I got a few pictures of mine and has soon i found them i will try to post them. I got a deer out the wood with it and its better than backpacking,this year i got a tag for bull moose and hope to test it again.
Old 07-26-2003, 02:12 AM

I have made two of them ; one has two wheel barrow wheels,and the wheel spand is 30" , made of 1/2" angle with the bottom of dog wire 2" x4" welded mesh.it is shaped like a long dish in the bottom with little rails on each side(6" high rails)just enough to keep things from rolling off.has a T bar handle so yiou can pull or push it.total length is about 4' long 3' wide.

the other has one wheel barrow wheel ; with a body 12" wide and 36" long with real long handles(I cut the paddle part off a set of boat oars) used the rest for handles.it will carry 100 lbs. of corn.to carry a deer out,you just set the deer on his butt in the bottom of the box.when you pick it up he will be laying on his back in the box.just roll him out like a load of dirt.[:-].

both of them has the wide inflatable tires.[8D]
Old 08-04-2003, 06:51 PM

Why not use a wheelbarrow?
Old 08-04-2003, 09:13 PM

Used a wheelbarrow once; " Not again" as Tommy Smothers said. It' s a BTDT (been there done that) You are better off tying a rope around the neck and dragging. It flipped twice in 75 yards.
Russ

Quick Reply: deer carts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.