Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Summit 180 max

Old 03-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Summit 180 max

i got to test this stand and found things i dont like.
lets go. it has big platform but when facing away from tree your feet hang out on end. this year for 2010 i heard they put the TITAN platform on the 180 max.i also put the foot rest on it. really it justs gets in way ,does not work at all.only good thing about foot rest it keeps your feet from falling off end ,that is good. but for comfort,i cant see foot rest helping .

folks i am only just 6/1 and 210 too.i dont know how anyone would fit in VIPER if the bigger 180 max is not big enough.

now facing tree is fine on foot room on 180 MAX .is more comfortable too.

now harness is too short when you are facing tree,so far i cant get it too work while sitting facing tree.i have call into summit on this.
next,you have to use seat to climb.seat faces tree.you have to turn seat if you want to face away from tree.it takes time to do it but if you practice,its not too bad but another thing that takes time to do.i tried sitting on bar but bar is too far away from tree.

i think i am going to pad the climbing stirrups,with the bungee cord pushing on back of my boot it hurts my feet like h inside the stirrups.

i dont like the QUICK DRAW SPRING to release your cables. i liked the older version that just turned open .this thing is hard to pull down as you get older on your hands. in cold with heavy gloves, it will be terrible to use.i would like to buy older ones but i bet they dont sell them.

biggest thing that i was not happy with is room on platform .even if you look at the 180 max pics on summit site you will see foot hanging over edge.i highly rec getting the foot rest, not to use to be more comfortable but to keep your feet from going over edge of floor.

i cant believe anyone over 6/1 would be happy with anything but TITAN floor.i highly rec that you get titan floor if buying a new stand.i heard if you buy from summit they will mix the tops/bottoms.dont know if a fact but thats great idea. like put a open front seat on titan floor.

i only am commenting on the BAD things i found.