Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

What camo pattern do u wear?

Old 03-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Spike

I just started using Natural Gear in their natural version for when I am stalking. Main reason is I never know what type of background I am going to find myself in and everything looks a little brown year round in western Oklahoma.

When sitting in a blind or tree stand, I prefer to use a ghillie suit in dark green, black and tan. This is mainly because I like to use cedar trees behind me to help break up my sillouette and the ghillie suit is awesome for this. Ghillie suits stink for stalking in my area though as there is a ton of cedar trees, briars and brush and the suit gets caught on everything.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

RealTree AP for turkey hunting and for Deer during Archery Season. But I believe that camo is strictly the choice (to wear or not to wear) of the hunter.

For those of us that are older... I can remember when there wasn't any "camo" and natural colored clothing were the items of choice. And scent blocker was gotten by hanging your clothes near the wood fire.

Seriously though, camo isnt really important when some states mandate blaze orange hats & vests!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was wearing Mossy Oak Break up... now using Mossy Oak Treestand
Old 03-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

cool! I really like kings camo.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Depends on the terrain you are hunting! That's why they make so many patterns..........Would you use a Pine pattern in a wheat field??? Would you use a Summer pattern in Winter? Did they use Oak patterns in Desert Storm? etc., etc., etc.......
Old 03-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on what is on sale or clearance. As long as it breaks my outline.

I use Obsession for turkey, but since I'm turkey hunting up in grasslands on a draw hunt, I'm probably going to use Max1 or Realtree APG.

I like all of those patterns for general use.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Early and late season
Attached Thumbnails What camo pattern do u wear?-dscn20751488.jpg   What camo pattern do u wear?-dscn19701388.jpg  
Old 03-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

I use my M81's, w/ scent lock unders,never had a problem.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

no need to get too pricey with your camo, just make sure you have the best camo pattern for the vegetation you'll be hunting around. if you wear mossy oak in a light brown field with golden dead grass for example, you'll stick out more then if you got a camo pattern to match it. my area out here is perfect for realtree AP. that's also a good pattern for most other places. it isn't too dark or specific of a pattern. along with pictures of plants on it, i like how it has more of a smokey gray background on it rather than a real dark background. this pattern makes it for for both lighter vegetative conditions as well as darker. it doesn't overpower or underpower either or too much. anyways, i'm ramblin now, but just keep in mind that it's all about what works best for YOUR area you're hunting. not necessarily just the most expensive or the best on the market.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

oh yeah, also if you're going to be doing any still hunting and not spot stalking, invest in a ghillie suit. i can't begin to describe how amazing those things work if you're sitting still and not spot stalking!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.