Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Boresighters

Old 01-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Spike

Default Boresighters

What is the best boresighter for the money? I don't want to spend more than 50 to 60 dollars. I have a .243, .270, .300, and 50cal.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:13 AM
Dominant Buck

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0034465712346a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLw8IFJMOMw

Last edited by Rebel Hog; 01-12-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any mechanical collimator bore sighter will do the job. I don't like the laser bore sighters because they are typically a 6 moa dot and you may as well just pull the bolt and sight down the bore the old fashioned way.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by thndrchiken
Any mechanical collimator bore sighter will do the job. I don't like the laser bore sighters because they are typically a 6 moa dot and you may as well just pull the bolt and sight down the bore the old fashioned way.

TC, any sighter will only help to get you on paper......You still have to fire a few rounds to fine tune it!

Even if you do it the old fashion way.......Bore sighting, which is the way I have always done it with bolt action rifles.........
Old 01-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rebel Hog

TC, any sighter will only help to get you on paper......You still have to fire a few rounds to fine tune it!

Even if you do it the old fashion way.......Bore sighting, which is the way I have always done it with bolt action rifles.........
No argument there, but if your using a 6moa dot and not at 100 yds but 25 or 50 yds you can be off by as much as 12-18" which under most circumstances is well off of the paper with no idea of where your hitting, unless of course you have fresh backing material on a large target frame.