Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Range Finder?

Old 11-26-2009, 08:19 AM
Spike

Default Range Finder?

I'd like to buy a range finder and use it for both golf and hunting. Do any of you use a Golf range finder for hunting? I'm told that hunting range finders aren't so good for golf because they have trouble picking up the pin. Is that true?
Old 11-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you need a rangefinder for golf?

The course has range markers to the green and you can step off to the marker, then figure how far flag is from front of green.

As far as problems with a hunting range finder picking up the pin, I thought that was for the lower grade models?

Most people don't have a consistent enough swing and tempo, along with good striking to even warrant having a finder. LOL! You must have some skills. I know I did back in the day.

From my brief reading and studying, I thought in my mind one should have a separate finder for each activity. Not sure, just what I thought I recalled.

iSnipe
Old 11-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't know You could use a Hunting Range Finder for Golfing.....but I know that most of the Sporting Goods Stores have their range finders on sale.I bought a Leupold RX-600 for $169.95 + tax at the BassPro Shop,its a very nice range finder and goes up to 600 yards.