Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Scent lok material

Old 11-17-2009, 02:53 AM
Spike

Default Scent lok material

HEY I NEED SOME HELP!!! WASHED AND DRIED MY SCENT LOK BIBS.THATS WHERE MY PROBLEM BEGINS,WHEN I TOOK MY BIBS OUT OF DRIER, THE MATRIAL SEEM TO BE GLUED TOGETHER.ITS NOT STUCK TO INNERS ITS STUCK TO THE OUTER MATERIAL ON THE OUTSIDE.LOOKING AT IT YOU WOULD THINK I WOULD NEED TO TAKE AN IRON TO IT.HOW DO I FIX IT??? SHOULD I WASH AND DRY IT AGAIN.THEN WHILE ITS DRING AND IT GETS WARM TAKE IT OUT AND TRY PULLING THE MATERIAL APART? I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO..
Old 11-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did you follow the cleaning intructions on the tag? If you did, you would have seen that you're only suppose to launder Scent-Lok garments about twice a season. Scent-Lok DOES NOT work as advertised. I would just launder it like you would a normal garment and just wear it without any specific expectation of superiority over a regular garment.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

i never have used the warshin machine and dryer on mine..i alwaz hand wash it in a cooler or tub with the scent lok soap and air dry in a tree . the soap will make your hands swell up, but i cant justify puttin it in the washin machine where we wash everything else.

as fer stikin together, sounds almost ruined, maybe call scentlok and ask them.

btw i have had deer 8 feet from me down wind and not catch my scent...he (the buck) was a lil dude, but he didnt even flinch when he walked by...and he stayed awhile....i also had a doe at 40 yards downwind and i realized she caught my breath, when she looked i stopped breathin and she continued to eat while i breathed very slowly out my nose in my scent lok face and head cover!!
this stuff works better than not havin it....
Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
btw i have had deer 8 feet from me down wind and not catch my scent...he (the buck) was a lil dude, but he didnt even flinch when he walked by...and he stayed awhile....i also had a doe at 40 yards downwind and i realized she caught my breath, when she looked i stopped breathin and she continued to eat while i breathed very slowly out my nose in my scent lok face and head cover!!
You got lucky, nothing more. Saturday during our season opener I had a buck stop and face my blind directly upwind of him because he either heard me or saw me move. He stamped but didn't blow, so I made some noises to convince him that I was just a squirrel and he calmly walked away. I wasn't wearing Scent Lok, or any other allegedly scent suppressing clothing, all I had done was bathe in HS green bodywash to reduce my scent signature.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

i never have used the warshin machine and dryer on mine..i alwaz hand wash it in a cooler or tub with the scent lok soap and air dry in a tree . the soap will make your hands swell up, but i cant justify puttin it in the washin machine where we wash everything else.

as fer stikin together, sounds almost ruined, maybe call scentlok and ask them.

Maybe it's better than not having it but it absolutely does not accomplish what they claim. It's simply impossible from a scientific standpoint. Other than having some of the most vibrant and long lasting camo colors available, it's a total waste of money.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Maybe it's better than not having it but it absolutely does not accomplish what they claim. It's simply impossible from a scientific standpoint. Other than having some of the most vibrant and long lasting camo colors available, it's a total waste of money.

i am wonderin which scent lok system you are using?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kevin1
You got lucky, nothing more. Saturday during our season opener I had a buck stop and face my blind directly upwind of him because he either heard me or saw me move. He stamped but didn't blow, so I made some noises to convince him that I was just a squirrel and he calmly walked away. I wasn't wearing Scent Lok, or any other allegedly scent suppressing clothing, all I had done was bathe in HS green bodywash to reduce my scent signature.

call it what ya want, but b4 when a deer would get 20 yards from me they would sniff me out and stomp and wheeze at me...now i dont have that problem, not even with hogs..so i vouch for scent lok...
Old 11-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have to agree that Scent Lok is a gimick. Maybe its good the first couple times it is worn but after that - it is the same as any other garment.
This year I showered using the green Scent away liquid soap and wore the same camo day in and day out all archery season (Oct 3 - Nov. 10) washing it only once with Sport Wash laundry detergent.
I had deer up wind, down wind, and everywhere in between and not one of them winded me. Also, this is the first season I have used Mossy Oak Treestand camo and I have to admit, out of the over 40 encounters I had, only one doe looked up at me. And that was only for a couple seconds. This camo and being perched in a white oak, I had to assume I was all but invisible to the deer. The 8 pt I finally ended up taking actually walked right up to the base of the tree I was in and sniffed the buck pee I had sprinkled out for a cover scent.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:16 AM
Dominant Buck

call it what ya want, but b4 when a deer would get 20 yards from me they would sniff me out and stomp and wheeze at me...now i dont have that problem, not even with hogs..so i vouch for scent lok...
Have you considered that maybe you just stink?

Your Scent Lok duds were laying in a warehouse for up to a year after they were made, then the storeroom and later the racks at a store before you bought them, do you really believe that they weren't exposed to all sorts of odors in all that time? Just how much do you think that charcoal can adsorb before it becomes useless? You don't actually believe that you can "unclog" it with some magical laundry detergent, do you? You're probably also discounting any other scent reducing measures you may be taking that are actually doing the grunt work such as bathing with unscented products or using baking soda. I used to get busted a lot too before washing my clothes with Sportwash and baking soda. Once I started adding HS green bodywash as well the incidences of getting winded all but disappeared, though not entirely. You'll never fool a whitetail's nose, and certainly not with some overpriced suit, but if you honestly believe otherwise then here's what you really need:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=514966

At this price you could buy a brand new one every year, think of the money you'll save.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kevin1
Have you considered that maybe you just stink?

Your Scent Lok duds were laying in a warehouse for up to a year after they were made, then the storeroom and later the racks at a store before you bought them, do you really believe that they weren't exposed to all sorts of odors in all that time? Just how much do you think that charcoal can adsorb before it becomes useless? You don't actually believe that you can "unclog" it with some magical laundry detergent, do you? You're probably also discounting any other scent reducing measures you may be taking that are actually doing the grunt work such as bathing with unscented products or using baking soda. I used to get busted a lot too before washing my clothes with Sportwash and baking soda. Once I started adding HS green bodywash as well the incidences of getting winded all but disappeared, though not entirely. You'll never fool a whitetail's nose, and certainly not with some overpriced suit, but if you honestly believe otherwise then here's what you really need:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=514966

At this price you could buy a brand new one every year, think of the money you'll save.

what ever dude, to each his own, and yes magic soap that eats away human skin cells, thats why your hands swell up if ya put em in the water...alwaz people who dont have a scentlok suit sayin it dont work...go figure huh...certainly it dont work, i agree, f-it...aint gonna argue with ya about it...good day!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.