Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Scent lok material

Old 11-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Spike

Just rewash your stuff in BioExtreme and let it air dry dont dry it in a dryer..
Old 11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

i have had the same Scent Lok suit for 4yrs. and mine works for me,i wash mine with HS oderless soap and dry mine in the dryer every 2nd trip into the woods or when needed,i know there has been way more than one time if i wouldn't have had it on i would have got busted,,,,you can say what you want about Scent Lok,
but usually when someone says that it is junk they have never tried it,i know at least 9 people that have S/L Suits including my daughter and husband and 2 grandsons and i have never personally heard any of them say it don't work or they wouldn't buy it again,and they are very Sucsessful hunters
Old 11-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
i am wonderin which scent lok system you are using?
There's only one Scent Lok. And I don't waste my money on it.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

what ever dude, to each his own, and yes magic soap that eats away human skin cells, thats why your hands swell up if ya put em in the water...alwaz people who dont have a scentlok suit sayin it dont work...go figure huh...certainly it dont work, i agree, f-it...aint gonna argue with ya about it...good day!!
There's a good reason why we don't have one.

No need to get all worked up man. Like you said, to each his own.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
There's a good reason why we don't have one.

No need to get all worked up man. Like you said, to each his own.

i am right...you dont have one but claim its a waste of money...go figure huh...i aint werked up by the way..i am just correct!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am right...you dont have one but claim its a waste of money...go figure huh...i aint werked up by the way..i am just correct!!!
If you are under the assumption that Scent-Lok delivers the promises in their advertising, you are certainly NOT correct. This topic has already been explored and experiments have been conducted. As a matter of fact, Scent-Lok was (and still might be) battling a law suit for false advertising.

I do own a pair of the old Scent-Lok Whitetail Elite pants and only bought them because they were 50% off at Dick's Sporting Goods. Like I said earlier, they do have the most vibrant and long lasting colors out of any camo I've seen. But that's about it...
Old 11-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas

If you are under the assumption that Scent-Lok delivers the promises in their advertising, you are certainly NOT correct. This topic has already been explored and experiments have been conducted. As a matter of fact, Scent-Lok was (and still might be) battling a law suit for false advertising.

I do own a pair of the old Scent-Lok Whitetail Elite pants and only bought them because they were 50% off at Dick's Sporting Goods. Like I said earlier, they do have the most vibrant and long lasting colors out of any camo I've seen. But that's about it...
i read this whole thing ..shewy http://www.trmichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.htm

i am not by any means sayin scent lok blocks 100% of my scent..or am i agreeing with scent lok or the people suing them..i am sayin that takin the same measures as i normally would...and adding a scentlok suit...has dramatically changed my success with having deer closer to me and more frequently, i am sure if i let out a burp while the deer is down wind of me he/she will definitely smell me. but if i take same precautions as i normally would and have my scentlok on...my chances are definitely better.

good day