Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Artic Shield or Icebreaker

Old 11-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Spike

Default Artic Shield or Icebreaker

So I'm going to try out a set of boot blankets this year to see if I can keep my toes warm on stand.

My question is: whats the difference between these two brands? Is it just the price? Which one works better at keeping your toes warm?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Spike

I've heard great things about the arctic shield boot blankets, nothing though on the others. I don't own the boot blankets, but i do own an arctic shield jacket and it is by far the warmest jacket i've had for hunting. I've used it the last two years up here in northern minnesota and it is almost too warm believe it or not. If the boot blankets are made of the same material as the jacket i don't see how they couldn't work. Another tip i've read when useing them is to set a hand warmer on top of your boots inside the blanket, keeps your feet toasty all day i guess.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Spike

Well, I went to Fleet Farm, as I thought I had saw carry the Artic Shield boot blankets. Turns out it was the Icebreaker brand.

It was HUGE!!! Just seems like a huge blanket with some insulation. A lot of bulk.

I returned the Icebreakers and found a pair of Artic Shields. Less bulk and seem to radiate and trap the warmth inside.

I'll know this weekend if they work or not
Old 11-05-2009, 05:55 AM
Dominant Buck

I have the Arctic Shield boot blankets and some AS H2 bibs, I can't wear both at the same time without cooking. Good thing I didn't try wearing the AS beanie with them...
Old 11-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got the Thick Arctic Shield H2? bibs and coat... very warm stuff. However I have a set of icebreaker Blankets that I musta bought 15 years ago... I do like them.