Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Doe bleet

Old 10-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Spike

Default Doe bleet

I just bought a homeade doe call at a local sporting goods.. this seems to be a very good one.. my question will this also attact buck ?
Old 10-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Spike

I have hunted since I was 7 years old and to this day I have NEVER heard a buck or doe running around in the woods continually bleeting or grunting. I'm not saying that it will not work but if you expect to call up a buck (or doe), you will be disappointed. If you use it, use VERY sparingly. For example: One bleet then do not use it again for 15-30 minutes. If you spot a buck passing by at a distance I would recommend that you give it a blast loud enough for him to hear it then put it away.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Doe Bleat

I have used the doe bleat both early archery and later in the gun season with varying results. I have had bucks come busting thru the brush ready to throw down and have had does come in cautiously looking for the source of the noise. What made this call even more effective is this. Carry a spray bottle of straight not in heat doe pee. If you see a buck down wind spritz the doe pee into the air. My son called in 3 bucks at one time using this technic and I've called in a number of bucks using this.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Spike

does it matter what kind of doe pee ??
Old 10-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Spike

Tinks #69 is a popular one and will do the job. Personally ive never had any luck using a doe bleat. But its worth a shot man. Ive never heard a doe bleat but they make the calls so i suppose they make it in the woods too.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've had much more responces to a doe bleet than I ever had with a grunt call.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default Doe Pee

Us straight doe pee not the doe in heat pee. Works like a charm.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Mikejhs006
I just bought a homeade doe call at a local sporting goods.. this seems to be a very good one.. my question will this also attact buck ?
What is a sure thing for Does is the Fawn In Distress
Old 10-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i agree about seein a buck runnin by to bleat at him, but he will stop and try and figure out where the sound came from..humans have stationary ears if you will, and deers ears move...they cannot just tell where a sound came from like we do, they have to position their ears in a way as to determine where it came from....so i am sayin another lighter bleat after the one that stops him will help bring that particular deer in...mayyyybeeeee

other than that use i have had no luk with the calls...where as rattling does prove to be very effective here.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

o yeah

if ya do use it, dont use it very much, let the deers curiosity bring him to you, and if ya do bleat one in, and you keep bleatin you could get busted